Author Topic: Daily builds version 3  (Read 106153 times)

2018-08-07, 18:13:13
Reply #15

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
V2 is ok... now back to v2
I can't see any difference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gi5iwnq2tczqdy1/v2-vs-v3-meditor.zip?dl=0
Can you please explain here what issue exactly you are experiencing, or contact us using https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Its too long to explain... I recorded video, please look it (5 minutes)

2018-08-07, 18:54:06
Reply #16

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The first part (at 1m 40s) is just Max's ME not updating while IR is running. I think that's a Max limitation thing (as the renderer is already rendering, in IR, so can't re-render in the ME, is my thoughts on it - developers would need to say more)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-08-07, 19:31:09
Reply #17

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The first part (at 1m 40s) is just Max's ME not updating while IR is running. I think that's a Max limitation thing (as the renderer is already rendering, in IR, so can't re-render in the ME, is my thoughts on it - developers would need to say more)

Yeah... but to work I need at least like in v2, not v3 daily.
anyway, why do you so rare post daily builds and so slossswly devepoing now... 1.1-1.7  was much more interesting features and much often posted dailys
thanks...

2018-08-07, 20:34:49
Reply #18

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
anyway, why do you so rare post daily builds and so slossswly devepoing now... 1.1-1.7  was much more interesting features and much often posted dailys
thanks...

Maybe because it's summer... you know, vacation season and such ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-08-07, 21:04:27
Reply #19

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks...

Maybe because it's summer... you know, vacation season and such ;]

Whole office on vacation! Cool 😂👍🏻

2018-08-07, 22:15:04
Reply #20

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Also we usually focus on big topics at the beginning of the release cycles, so there take some time to complete (speaking of which, expect big things soon ;))
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-08-07, 22:17:08
Reply #21

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
I think because from 1.7 till 2.0 they did a lot of job "hunder the hood" that we are not able to see (for example, volumetric media).
For us, as users, is "simple"

(*) Support of PhoenixFX and add "Inside Volume mode" for CoronaVolumMtl
(*) Add support for VRayMtl and VRayLight

But, behind, there is tons of job.

Also, more features Corona has, more complicated is to add new tools.
I want to explain. If you add a new parameter in Corona, you must to check that this new parameter works with all Corona "universe".
Bigger Corona is (v1.3 was very small, with less maps, less material etc..)  more test you have to do.
And yes, it's summer. But I'm sure that they are working like horses even in August ;-)

EDIT: Big things? O god...  do I must to be worried Ondra ;-)

2018-08-07, 22:54:35
Reply #22

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
Also we usually focus on big topics at the beginning of the release cycles, so there take some time to complete (speaking of which, expect big things soon ;))

The timing of your post tells me that hopefully there might be some news at Siggraph? Wishful thinking...

2018-08-07, 23:39:49
Reply #23

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
No, we are not timing anything for siggraph. But we will be releasing our killer features probably with this and next daily build... it is improved interactive

BTW: the vacation things is also true, both I and Pavel are taking a month vacation in USA after siggraph
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2018-08-08, 00:07:31
Reply #24

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
What is America ?

We already know, but let's pretend
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2018-08-08, 02:22:49
Reply #25

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great news on the improved interactive "upgrade" Ondra! ;)

2018-08-08, 04:12:28
Reply #26

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
improved interactive
whoaa cant wait for that =D

2018-08-09, 15:07:02
Reply #27

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Strange thing happening when new Denoiser is used. After the first pass, which looks normal, VFB gets offseted like so (screenshot):

But when saved the usal way - all seems to be fine:

3ds max 2015

2018-08-09, 15:10:58
Reply #28

ronaldjung

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Finally the realtime denoiser!

Thanks a lot, working well here, implementing right away in the office workflow, previews faster than ever.

A little bit tricky to install with my nvidia Quadro k620, must reinstall the driver, nvidia optix program, corona with nvidia optix option and then restart,  in that way it worked.

2018-08-09, 16:15:21
Reply #29

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
New denoiser looks impressive! Unfortunately it can be directly compared with Corona's one, as it doesn't work in history, but loading images in photoshop, clearly shows that Corona denoiser is much more accurate and AI denoiser is... well, much more faster :] And it feels very nice with IR, it's a shame that stopping IR removes denoising. Could that be fixed please?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures