Author Topic: How to declare a portal in Corona Standalone .scn file?  (Read 9182 times)

2013-11-22, 22:18:50

ohsnapitsjoel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For the newest version of Corona Standalone, is there a different way to declare a portal triangle?

I'm currently doing this, and it's giving me an invalid portal declaration error:

Code: [Select]
portal -2.182 -1.454 2.933 -1.995 0.521 3.174 -1.099 0.221 4.936

2013-11-22, 22:50:46
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I've changed the way portals work, there is now a portal flag for materials, and all objects with material with the flag set to true become portals. To change one of your materials to a portal, put this line into the material definition in mtl file:
Code: [Select]
#CORONA portal
To make portal that does not shade set also its material opacity to zero

This will work with new builds (which I have still yet to make). Add me on skype to coordinate this better.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-11-22, 23:35:19
Reply #2

ohsnapitsjoel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
AHH, I see.  So the portal declaration no longer goes in the .scn file, only the .mtl file, is that right?  And I guess that means I don't have to give it vertex coordinates either.  Hah, I should have tried it out and asked about it here before I did all that work this afternoon!

Awesome, I guess this'll be easier to manage, and it makes more sense in the UI to keep this option together with materials.