Author Topic: Anyone here who installed Deadline on a Qnap NAs?  (Read 3218 times)

2018-03-02, 14:47:18

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi,
 we are planning to make use of Deadline instead of Backburner. I know how to install Deadline on clients.
I would like to install the Repository and the MongoDB database on my Qnap Nas (yes fast enough and 10GB network).
Is there anyone out there who did this already? And If so, how?
Or is it better to install the repository on a windows PC and have s storage folder on the Nas?

Looking forward to your advice

2018-03-11, 12:11:41
Reply #1

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
I've successfully installed Deadline repository on my Qnap, and it runs fine. The DB however needs an actual computer to be run from, and to the best of my knowledge can not be run remotely properly from a NAS device.

2018-03-15, 21:43:32
Reply #2

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
I've successfully installed Deadline repository on my Qnap, and it runs fine. The DB however needs an actual computer to be run from, and to the best of my knowledge can not be run remotely properly from a NAS device.

Hi Njen,  in the meanwhile Deadline is running like a charm, as you described the Repsoitory on the Qnap and the Db on a windows PC.

cheers

2018-11-07, 01:15:49
Reply #3

rooroobrown

• Users
    • View Profile
I'm having issues installing the repository on my qnap. I get an error saying that windows can't access that directory while trying to set the path for the repository. It's the first time I've own a NAS, I'm not sure if there is an issue with permissions but as far as I can tell, I have read/write permissions for the folder where I want to install it. Any ideas?

2019-05-01, 11:38:18
Reply #4

kazzagaz

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi rooroobrown, I know this is an old thread but I'm having exactly the same permissions problem on my Synology. Did you find how to fix this?