Author Topic: Still Life with Honey  (Read 7078 times)

2017-03-24, 13:36:32

BBB3viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just posted this and I thought I'd share it here too. Done with 3ds Max 2016. You can check wires, more shots, a viewport walkthrough and some comparisons with other renderers on my blog.

2017-03-24, 13:48:30
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Everything is beautiful - myself, I particularly love those sugar cubes! Was interesting to see them in the video of the viewport walkthrough too.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-03-24, 14:38:32
Reply #2

Hussein052

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bertrand classic , love the intricacy in the shaders, the attention to detail is immaculate , I'm particularly fond of the flawless modeling and depth attained with the lighting..you are the shader God..!

2017-03-24, 15:10:21
Reply #3

Erald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Speechless....

2017-03-24, 16:54:07
Reply #4

JakubCech

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
Ohh beautiful - I love these closeups of glass and reflective materials you do :) Great.
Is not there fireflies all over in the second rendering?
Also - there are no images showing up in your projects on Behance.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-24, 17:02:02 by JakubCech »

2017-03-24, 17:13:07
Reply #5

BBB3viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks! Yes, the second one was a quick-and-dirty 20-min render.
And yes, Behance has axed Flickr embeding, so all the images disappeared from my projects overnight. Can't be bothered to rebuild them because Behance is so unwieldy to publish stuff there.

2017-03-24, 23:19:19
Reply #6

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
That is simply stunning!! You are a modern day wizard :)
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2017-03-25, 19:39:38
Reply #7

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Really amazing. I like so much when i am able to find subtle details that a less skilled shader guy would never add to a scene/model/shader. Very nice man !
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2017-03-25, 21:14:59
Reply #8

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Just posted this and I thought I'd share it here too. Done with 3ds Max 2016. You can check wires, more shots, a viewport walkthrough and some comparisons with other renderers on my blog.

And this is Octane. I’ll let you ponder the respective qualities and deficiencies.

That's unfair cliffhanger :- )

They look brutally different, all 3 versions. My first thought ( of course the materials and detail is brutal, would be wasted compliment ) that I find the lighting very boring and flat, unlike most of the food photography. But then I clicked on the Vray version and voila, the light is there ! So what happened to the light in Corona ?
Now Octane on other hand, somehow took it into extreme...

Does V-Ray 3.50.03 already have the rough fresnel or is that some later update ?

In for answers !
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-03-26, 19:40:39
Reply #9

BBB3viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The lighting is exactly the same in the V-Ray and Corona versions. In fact, to me at least, the images look extremely similar with the exceptions of some of the materials that had to be rebuilt from scratch. EDIT: Actually, now that you mention it, the HDRI might have a slightly higher intensity in V-Ray, and the Eucalyptus leaves seem to catch the light better there. This may have to do with a slight difference in the map's orientation.
The Octane version is a different ball game altogether because the renderer just has such a different philosophy. Everything, lighting and shaders, had to be rebuilt from scratch there so the result was bound to be very different.

2017-03-26, 23:50:09
Reply #10

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome work!

I was comparing your renderings in photoshop to compare rendering engines. I hope you don't mind.
I agree that the lighting is quite different between Vray and Corona. Both versions really fantastic in their own way.

But to me the biggest and only important difference is the glass (in my opinion of course).
It's almost as if it's not the same model, or one or the other have a rounding corners map or something like that. Also the glass in the Corona version looks double at some points. (these are actually questions).

Regarding the Octane version, how come it has so much noise? I never used it, so I'm just curious.

Thanks,
Guido.

2017-03-28, 15:54:11
Reply #11

BBB3viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The models are exactly the same, and there are no round edge maps used either for V-Ray or Corona. The part you highlighted are actually bubbles on the isthmus of the milk. They're not part of the bottle's geo.
Octane is basically so noisy because it doesn't have a denoiser. V-Ray and Corona images were denoised.

2017-03-28, 18:12:16
Reply #12

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks buddy

2017-03-31, 19:04:15
Reply #13

STRAT

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • sjleworthy.com