Author Topic: Load Textures into Area Lights  (Read 14141 times)

2018-03-20, 08:23:23
Reply #15

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hi guys, this seems like a useful request, but I don't exactly know what you would like the texture to do - influence the light emission? The opacity? Something else?

Its pretty useful feature imho. It is there in 3ds Max too. Yes you can recreate it with a plane and a Corona Light material but if its in a light object then it can be easier a little easier to manage - Say with a light lister and all that.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2018-11-20, 23:27:57
Reply #16

murzilka1

• Users
    • View Profile
So, how is it supposed to simulate normal video projector, throwing its content throught a mirror? CoronaLight projection options gives fatally blurred image, and max standart omny is OK as projector, but Corona dont see it in a mirror

2019-01-13, 16:17:20
Reply #17

SharpEars

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This feature is an absolute must for Corona to be a viable option for Cinema 4D. Every single renderer other than Corona supports this (and no, having an emissive material on an object is not the same thing).

2019-01-14, 10:19:21
Reply #18

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
This feature is an absolute must for Corona to be a viable option for Cinema 4D. Every single renderer other than Corona supports this (and no, having an emissive material on an object is not the same thing).

Hi SharpEars, I'm just curious - why is having an emissive material on an object not the same thing?

2019-01-19, 21:02:32
Reply #19

tennet

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Good Monday
I use "Softbox textures" or "C4D gradients" in the 'Corona Light material' all the time. Just add this to a 'Plane' and you have a fully working softbox.ยด

I WOULD LIKE to have the same option though when using standard 'Corona Area Lights'.. so I can place my 'Corona Area light' quickly, to see it's reflection in my objects.. Then, when the light positioning is done, then I would like the option to add the "Soft box texture" to this same Area Light (the texture I normally use in the "Light Material") so that my Area Light's "Light pattern" changes from a white square to a softbox (or gradient) instead. If you understand what I'm trying to explain.. :)

2019-02-26, 09:38:55
Reply #20

Core2000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 To use Softbox textures for reflections or just fake god rays without use geometry or fake treeshadows for architect visualisations or for lasereffects

2020-04-23, 16:54:05
Reply #21

kined

• Active Users
    • View Profile
He Guys,

I am user of corona for Max for a long period of time, and using most of the other render engines, but this feature is just must have, I do not know why your team decided to not include this here, I guess Corona in C4D is just only render who suggest workaround with emissive material for this. First of all, light is much easier to manipulate than geo planes with material. Just include this option in light as well, two slots, one for color, another for alpha. Or just checkbox to use color texture as alpha.

Best,
Ed

2020-05-21, 22:50:15
Reply #22

SharpEars

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-11-05, 18:18:57
Reply #23

LeSill

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have noticed this old topic and when searching how to get softbox texture to the area light and it seems, that this option is still missing. It is really necessary to have this option there. If the development team read this, PLEASE make this possible in the next release. It is very very very needed. Thanks

2022-04-27, 19:58:55
Reply #24

Mac3DX

• Active Users
    • View Profile
2016 request for some basic light behavior like it was already done for V-ray and Corona for 3Ds Max and nothing till now?

Really?

2022-05-02, 21:22:50
Reply #25

riccky

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+100000 !! For studio lighting is just essentiel to mimic the fall off a softbox or umbrella reflection like a photo studio !