Author Topic: Delta Tracing talk  (Read 15571 times)

2016-05-03, 18:44:42

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's the point and what I would like to know...

Thanks,

Dionysio -

Sorry to ask, are you the one behind Deltatracing :) ? If yes where have you guys disappeared :0 ?

2016-05-03, 19:22:20
Reply #1

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No sorry to disappoint but I am not related to Deltatracing)   To Ondra - I will share the scene first thing in the morning.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-05-03, 19:41:47
Reply #2

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Was asking Dionysio, but still thanx ;)

2016-05-03, 19:46:04
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
That's the point and what I would like to know...

Thanks,

Dionysio -

Sorry to ask, are you the one behind Deltatracing :) ? If yes where have you guys disappeared :0 ?

=Dionissios Tsangaropoulos :- ) ? In for answer..
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-05-03, 20:22:56
Reply #4

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yea, I know who founded Delta, just not sure if our forum mate Dionysios.TS is the one :) (name matches I guess, lastname letters also) , and was asking cuz their www all of a sudden stopped working and their work was super-inspiring to say the least :)

2016-05-03, 20:26:03
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I wasn't answering :-D hence the "="  I too am interested, 404 on website.

They had technically, some of the most precise work I've ever seen.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2016-05-03, 20:38:28
Reply #6

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wasn't answering :-D

wasn't sure :P

They had technically, some of the most precise work I've ever seen.

100% agree, also unique style, desaturated yet vibrant at the same time. Super curious what happened with the studio, if they rebranded or wat ?

2016-05-04, 10:41:51
Reply #7

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi guys! I am very happy you talked about the Delta Tracing issue! And yes, it's me!!! :)

In a few words this is what happened, since 2012 the financial crisis in Italy became too heavy and I started loosing big amount of money cause many furniture industries started closing down one after the other. Now that we talk, quality is not the number one priority for the companies but the price. Who has the lowest price, gets the job and I already know other guys and realities that they're selling themselves too low for what they're really producing. Having a company (Delta Tracing) which after 15 years of activity, made a name and a standard in the market, a company that costs me every month thousands of euros to maintain and on the other hand, see the incomes lowering down, quality not being paid anymore, clients became aggressive, not respectful and arrogant.... Well, I just got tired of it! So I decided to change radically my life....

Then I abandoned iRay since last September but we'll talk about it in the future and with calm. Now I decided to concentrate all my energies and know how on Corona which is a fantastic engine and it has a wonderful and powerful team at it's back.

Thanks to all of you for your comments....

Dionysios -
« Last Edit: 2016-07-21, 10:16:12 by Dionysios.TS »

2016-05-04, 11:14:24
Reply #8

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi guys! I am very happy you talked about the Delta Tracing issue! And yes, it's me!!! :)

In a few words this is what happened, since 2012 the financial crisis in Italy became too heavy and I started loosing big amount of money cause many furniture industries started closing down one after the other. Now that we talk, quality is not the number one priority for the companies but the price. Who has the lowest price, gets the job and I already know other guys and realities that they're selling themselves too low for what they're really producing. Having a company (Delta Tracing) which after 15 years of activity, made a name and a standard in the market, a company that costs me every month thousands of euros to maintain and on the other hand, see the incomes lowering down, quality not being paid anymore, clients became aggressive, not respectful and arrogant.... Well, I just got tired of it! So I decided to change radically my life....

Since January I live in Paris not in Italy anymore and I work as Image Manager (Responsable d'Imagerie)at Renzo Piano Building Workshop studio. And you know? I am 100% happy that I did this choice! It hurts a lot closing my company, you can't imagine how much, but life goes on and we always have to grow up and find new opportunities. So I am alive thank God and back to the market again... :)

Then I abandoned iRay since last September but we'll talk about it in the future and with calm. Now I decided to concentrate all my energies and know how on Corona which is a fantastic engine and it has a wonderful and powerful team at it's back.

Thanks to all of you for your comments....

Dionysios -

Hi Dionysios

Great to have you here on the forum, I was always a fan boy off your work.
Sad to hear the Delta Tracing story ended this way.
I wish you all the best for future projects, life, .....

Cheers

Johan

2016-05-04, 11:20:23
Reply #9

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Thank you so much Johan!!!

Dionysios -

2016-05-04, 11:23:15
Reply #10

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thank you much for such honest insight.  I almost lived in internet bubble when it seems success comes easy and easier to maintain, but obviously it's not true.

You're defininitely among the top 5 people/studios in whole industry where I questioned myself, how is such quality even possible. I read interview with you when you talked about recouping after 2009 and it was really inspiring. So I guess, you just did that again and hopefully it will get even better eventually for you. (selfishly I guess we can be happy you stumbled here...).

Sorry for the off-topic, curiousity runs deep in many. When ever you decided to write more, I would gladly hear of it. I wish you all good for work and life as well.

2016-05-04, 11:40:20
Reply #11

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Thanks to moderator on moving the topic here... (I was a bit embarrassed actually)!!! :)

Thanks Juraj for your message and your wishes which I feel very honest and friendly. Is so good to know and see every time that people around me, which I never met in my life, admire my work and knowledge and they use them as reference to get better and better each day... Well, this thing didn't stopped happening actually, I'll start to post my works here too once I can and I have the permission from the studio. We're all artists and we learn every day more and more and I can assure you that success is not at all easy to create and maintain. But this is the reason why life is so beautiful! Is a continuous daily challenge! :)

2016-05-04, 12:03:03
Reply #12

pressenter

• Active Users
  • PressEnter Design
    • View Profile
    • PressEnter Design
Wow, now that's a bit of a sad story for a studio with such great work, looking from the 3d industry point of view. Great that you've managed to get into Renzo studio tho, great place. Good luck and hopefully we'll see your images again soon!

Simon

2016-05-04, 12:24:23
Reply #13

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Yes, after 15 years was a very sad story for me guys but personally I think in Italy doing business now is a mess! I couldn't deal with it anymore, I was tired... I felt was time to change and I did the right thing!!!

2016-05-04, 12:37:09
Reply #14

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Dionysios! My nose was right, after all it is you :).
Thank you for the honest answer. I'm very sorry for what have happened, we all can only imagine how it feels.
On the other hand I'm very glad that first and foremost you are OK, and that you made another step. Wish you many opportunities to grow as an artist, and hope to see your works sooner than later, as they are invaluable source of inspiration :) !
Keep up and stay good !