Author Topic: Standalone Build 2016-01-21 first impression  (Read 16111 times)

2016-02-09, 12:22:04

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Some questions/issues while trying to do some tests

1. Using button Export+Render ends in the attached runtime error when SA is automatically started after export.

2. Non exportable classes are shown with their German name in the error window here. So I had to figure out what those funny names for gradient ramp ("Verlaufsart") or dent ("Kerbe") exactly mean :). My Windows is in fact German, 3DSMax (and all other applications) always runs en-US. Would be nice to have english here.

4. I started to replace some unsupported maps with CoronaMix just to read to my surprise "Cannot export map: CoronaMix" wtf? Why that? Isn´t it a native Corona map?

After a first glance I have to say one can get quite exited seeing scenes loading in no time and render so much faster. Asset collecting works fine though I haven´t started trying to fool it. Human readable/editable scene files, low memory consumption - all yummy! Corona unleashed.

Good Luck

Max2014/Corona version: 1.4 DailyBuild Jan 27 2016
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2016-02-09, 13:56:39
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I will look at #1.
#4: making map exportable is extra work, so corona maps do not work out of the box, they need to be ported as well. A list of most-needed missing maps would be helpful.

What about closeness of the export render to 3ds Max version? Any issues there?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-02-09, 15:17:26
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I have to find and deal with all unsupported maps first - it renders still quite red as you can see :) and there is some Forest geometry missing. I´ve chosen by purpose a typical scene with no regard. So this needs ... another time slot to get something decent to compare.

Good Luck

2016-02-11, 16:22:36
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I hope it's ok to add my stuff in this thread. ;)

I was checking the texture baking, and by the way tested the same scene with standalone. I had to override the gamma of the baked bitmaps to 1.0. This is the same scene rendered in 3ds Max and Standalone. Is this expected?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-02-12, 14:38:01
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Next build will have better error message, screenshot any error it produces. I will release it in few days
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-02-15, 12:27:02
Reply #5

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Next build will have better error message

Glad to read that. In fact, missing error messages about unsupported maps are the show-stopper right now (also see Mantis).

Here´s some progress: changed/replaced all composite maps with Mix, Replaced ForestColor with CoronaMultimap (instance mode), kicked ForestEdge, simplified some materials.

1. Max version
2. Standalone version
3. Most interesting: the boosted difference (8bit screenshot -> difference in Photoshop and exposure+6 on top)

Rendertimes would be half of those of the stamp because both versions rendered on a single machine having 50% cpu available each. The number I like most is the white on black one in the top right corner of #2.

Good Luck!

2016-06-01, 20:20:06
Reply #6

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
(*) Fallof texture isn't supported - IMPORTANT!
(*) 3ds Max Color  Correct doesn't work  - IMPORTANT!
(*) Dent doesn't work  - IMPORTANT!
(*) Gradient ramp doesn't work - IMPORTANT!
(*) Marble doesn't work
(*) Perlin doesn't work
(*) Mask doesn't work  - IMPORTANT!
(*) Mosaic doesn't work  - IMPORTANT!
(*) Output map doesn't work  - IMPORTANT!
(*) Tiles doesn't work  - IMPORTANT!
(*) Splat doesn't work - IMPORTANT!
(*) Speckle doesn't work - IMPORTANT!
(*) Swirl doesn't work
(*) Stucco doesn't work - IMPORTANT!
(*) Smoke doesn't work - IMPORTANT!
(*) Waves work
(*) Wood work
« Last Edit: 2016-06-01, 20:35:35 by cecofuli »