Author Topic: Know your Devs -> Just do it!  (Read 1336 times)

2018-10-04, 00:15:58

BLADE

• Active Users
    • View Profile
TomG had once made a call to ask questions to the programmers. Then, however, the topic was stopped because of allegedly too little interest. But when I see that the thread was called 1.404 times, it seems to me that there is a lot of interest.

So please finally get started and do a series about our heroes on the keyboards!

I'm still quite new here (I discovered Corona 2 weeks ago and I'm already addicted.) And I would be very curious about the geniuses who build this great renderer for Cinema 4D.

So how do you get a job as a programmer for Corona? What did you do before? Was it a coincidence or a planned career?

I'd also like to know what a working day looks like for a programmer like you. How do you prioritize? How are the tasks distributed? Where do you get your feedback from (only Corona forum or others?)

And don't be so shy. You can do better than just answering questions. Tell us something about you what you think, we need to know!

It would be great if there is a series about everyone involved.
It's not the end of the world. But you can see it from here.
C4D R20 Studio on Win10, AMD 7950X, RTX4090
C4D R20 Studio on macOs 10.13.6 on iMac 27" i7 End 2015

2018-10-04, 00:25:51
Reply #1

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
When going to university or school that teaches programming, what kinds of courses does one have to take?

My best friend is a programmer, he's doing his Dr. now but he's into SAP stuff and when I want him to help me by writing a script, he says "I have no idea about 3d space".

2018-10-04, 14:06:53
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually, the series is underway - the first two "Know Your Devs" are out on the blog, and we have questions in for Nik, but work on C4D is so intense that we've been focusing on that and haven't had time to get the questions answered :)

https://corona-renderer.com/blog/tag/know-your-devs/
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us