Author Topic: Material Preview Scene  (Read 3600 times)

2018-01-12, 10:28:17

NEO-N

I need to modify the material preview scene to my need, how to/where? I can do it with Arnold, Indigo etc but not with Corona, seems like you've hidden this one quite well :)

On the Corona discord someone else would like to do the same too.

2018-01-12, 11:29:58
Reply #1

Josef

• Active Users
  • C4D User
    • View Profile
    • www.josefbsharah.net
I believe the scene itself is fixed (generated?) but you can create a custom object and nest in the common folder and select it in preview.

2018-01-12, 12:30:43
Reply #2

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
I use the override setting for the original scene. Otherwise only the object itself appears.

2018-01-12, 13:45:42
Reply #3

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Quoting Ales from our internal instant messaging system:
"Depends whether you mean the object or the full scene. Normally in C4D you can add additional scene in <preferences_folder>/library/materialpreview and then it will be listed in object choices in material preview popup. But in Corona, we will take only preview object from that scene and include it in our own scene (this is mainly because standard C4D scenes contains C4D lights, but also to have consistent preview between C4D and Max) unless you check "Use original C4D scene" in preview tab in material (or in global settings). We were thinking about adding possibility that custom user scene could contain some information that in is Corona-compatible and then we would render it in preview as is even when "Use original C4D scene" is not checked, but we didn't decide whether/how to do that yet..."

2018-01-12, 13:52:21
Reply #4

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Sure:
I just took one random scene from the c4d/library/materialpreview/ folder and changed the scene.
Here I used the shader ball which you can find on the forum or here https://www.corona-materials.de/en/manual-upload and changed the scene accordingly and the rendersettings etc., then saved that version back into the folder. That is all
When I chose the ball for the matprev, I have to make sure it uses the original scene because otherwise the ball would float in the air. (haven't looked much into that)

Fun fact: you can use native c4d materials with such corona scenes and diffuse,spec and some other attributes will change on the crn matprev.

edit: I think you meant to generally show certain types of previews like Arnold does. That was a misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: 2018-01-12, 13:57:48 by Eddoron »

2018-01-12, 14:49:21
Reply #5

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Yes, I am aware of what you want to do. But there is no such scene that you'd be able to edit. We just take the object out of the original scene and add some Corona-related stuff into the scene in the code. That's why I was posting the citation...