Author Topic: Question about FairSaas floating license....  (Read 4123 times)

2015-03-02, 14:29:57

Riffmaster

• Users
    • View Profile
First of all sorry if this question has already been raised in any other previous posts.

We are currently looking initially to purchase two floating licences of Corona, which will be used extensively everyday by our small visualisation team. However we are interested in purchasing more floating licenses in the near future for more casual shared usage throughout the studio.

Is this something the fairSaas licence will allow? I understand the licencing is done over the internet? and verified every few days?

What happens if one person only needs it for a few hours and then another person would like to use the same licence. How would could these licences be dynamically released? For instance most of our software is on a network licence, if we need to release a licence, simply closing the application would do this. Would this be the same for a Corona licence?

Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

2015-03-02, 15:10:54
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Hi,
this is handled automagically - just make sure you have the FairSaaS licenses, your computers or license servers are connected to internet, and that you have purchased enough licenses (at least same number as the number of workstations you intend to render with Corona (including material previews) at once).
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-02, 17:26:04
Reply #2

Riffmaster

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, thanks for the quick response, this seems to make sense.

2015-03-03, 09:58:13
Reply #3

gabrielefx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I would like to know if the FairSaaS works as the Adobe licensing system with log in and pwd.
Within Adobe I can log from my Mac and activate the license. Also I can log from my Windows PC.
With Adobe CC we can have 2 license active but If I try to log from another workstation the Adobe license manager will unauthorize the previous two installation.
I can do this all the time, I can authorize 2 pcs, or 1 Mac and 1 pc, my Surface tablet when I travel, etc.
Does the FairSaaS work similar? May I log from whatever workstation I want?

regards

2015-03-03, 17:44:54
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, you can log from any PC you want. Removing the activation from shared PCs after you are done is recommended ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-03-08, 16:36:05
Reply #5

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all. I just bought fairsaas with 3 nodes. I came here to ask the same questions and got the answers I needed. Used my iPhone to pay it and I haven't managed to get back home yet. Can't wait to start rendering :)

Anyways, I'll be using v1 on my desktop comp and when my wife needs to use the computer, I'll continue on my laptop.

2015-03-08, 16:54:03
Reply #6

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Still not at home but a question: will the ~25€ go automatically from my account monthly just like netflix/spotify until I discontinue ordering (from somewhere I don't know yet)?

2015-03-08, 17:13:32
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Still not at home but a question: will the ~25€ go automatically from my account monthly just like netflix/spotify until I discontinue ordering (from somewhere I don't know yet)?
yes.
You can cancel the subscription either in the customer zone on our website, or using a link that was sent to you by our store (in the confirmation/invoice email)