Author Topic: Scandinavian Apartment  (Read 962 times)

2023-12-12, 23:16:51

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

I just wanted to share my latest personal project. A Scandinavian Apartment decorated with midcentury furniture.

Software used: Corona render, 3dsmax, adobe Photoshop.

Best, Gabriel

More projects: https://www.behance.net/gfabra1

2023-12-14, 18:24:42
Reply #1

STOA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh these are amazing, Gabriel!

The level of details and subtle choices you put into these images and design is so inspiring.

I see the resolution is pretty big, did it take a long time to render? The big one especially (6500x5000) What is your noise percentage for this big of a resolution? I usually keep it at 4%, but curious to what do you like best.

2023-12-14, 18:54:27
Reply #2

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank You!

I usually render everything in between 3000 and 4000 px depending on the intended use for the image. In this case I wanted to try to render at a standard resolution for a digital camera to see if the image holds up. The render noise was 4% but I added some (a lot) noise in post. In commercial projects I don't usually add so much, but in these personal projects I'm more loose when it comes to post production.

As for the rendering time, I don't remember exactly how long it took. It did take a long time to render, although it depends on what you mean by long. Since I don't have such a good computer, all my render times tend to be long. I think an image like this could take between 5 to 7 hours.

2023-12-15, 12:38:06
Reply #3

STOA

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the insight, i never thought of adding more noise, what do you like to use for it?

5-7 hours sounds about right haha, i sometimes have 2 hours renders but only when the view is not so complex. When I have glass cabinets, idk why but the render times go even longer than 5-7 hours... so annoying :(

2023-12-17, 15:43:53
Reply #4

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For the noise I use the regular filter from photoshop but I do a luminosity mask to add more noise in the dark areas.

Maybe you can try corona rayswitch material to simplify it and get better render times. I did not try it with glass cabinets but for mirrors works great.

2023-12-17, 15:54:19
Reply #5

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
Incredible per usual.

You need to get more credit for your design eye in addition to your rendering skills. You have a real knack for how to layout furniture in a room with an appropriate amount of decor. This is something I struggle with often.

2023-12-17, 15:55:19
Reply #6

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
For film noise, I found these stills not too long ago. I don't typically add noise, but I think using these as screens is the way I'd go.

https://www.filmcomposite.com/free-stuff/free-35mm-film-grain-stills

2023-12-17, 16:34:43
Reply #7

GabrielFP

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi John

Thank you! But I surely have more recognition than I deserve hahah. I think the recognition comes from the quality of your work and luck. And I've had a lot of luck. I still have a lot of improvement to do.

Yes, choosing furniture is hard. It may be what I spend the most time doing in a project and for me, it involves a lot of trial and error. One of the virtues of 3d, I don't have to pay for the furniture every time I want to try something hahaha.

Thanks for sharing the web with the noise. I am going to do some tests to see how they look, on the web are looking top