General Category > General CG Discussion

Improving Blender - videos by Andre Price

(1/4) > >>

racoonart:
These are not directly related to Corona but very interesting videos non the less. For me, as a non blender user (never liked the UI), it really opened the eyes to some critical user interface design decisions which Corona had and still has to face in the future. Definitely worth watching!

Part 1

Part 2

lacilaci:
Every time a new version of blender comes out, it makes me want to try it... Every time I open it, it makes me wanna kill someone!

racoonart:
Yes, I wasted 3 hours today to get used to the most basic stuff - I still can't believe that this is not a really weird joke. I had to stop to get my blood pressure down.

Ludvik Koutny:
Actually, compared to an incredible piece of crap called 3ds Max, i found blender interface a lot better than Max's one. It does not lag, and i can work in fullscreen (equivalent of 3ds Max expert mode) and yet have everything at my fingertips. Sure it could use improving, but at the moment, it is a lot better UI than what Max has for example.

Also, seen  both of these videos already about 5 days ago, and forced Keymaster to watch them as well.

This is how my blender UI looks so far, and i am quite happy with it :)

So yeah, i am all for improvement, especially in the areas that Andrew has shown. But blender UI, the way it is now, it already a lot better than UI of most autodesk products. It just has some steeper learning curve, and newbie-hostile defaults.

+ You can customize it a lot more than Max's... With very, very little python knowledge, one could make a clone of 3ds Max UI in Blender within a 2-3 days of work... Maybe i could try to do it... it is incredibly easy to make own panels in Blender.

maru:

--- Quote from: lacilaci on 2013-10-10, 12:09:31 ---Every time a new version of blender comes out, it makes me want to try it... Every time I open it, it makes me wanna kill someone!

--- End quote ---
Same here! :) But I know most people have the same feeling when running Max for the first time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version