Author Topic: Cannot access the videos  (Read 2064 times)

2023-10-31, 19:45:29

Börje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm happy to hear that you finally bring the Corona Academy.

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. When I follow the link I have to sign into my Chaos Account. After doing so, I reach the overview page where I chose the C4D-part. After that I can see the different video links for chapter 1. But when I click one i'm brought to Vimeo an get the message that the video is not available / I'm not allowed to access the video.

I have attched a Screenshot (in German language).

I tried it on Frefox and on Chrome on a Mac (OS 12.7.1)

Regards

Börje

2023-10-31, 19:50:18
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear about the lack of access :( Since access is based on licensing, the best thing to do is send in a ticket as the licensing team will need to have a look at what licenses are on your account. Be sure to let them know the email associated with the Chaos account that you are logging in as. Tickets can be sent in at https://support.chaos.com/requests/new .
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-10-31, 19:53:12
Reply #2

Börje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Tom!

Will do!

Regards

Börje

2023-11-01, 10:03:01
Reply #3

steppes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
almost the same here...

2023-11-01, 13:24:19
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
@Borje @Steppes

If you are still having some issues with accessing the page, please answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to access https://www.chaos.com/corona-academy/3ds-max or https://www.chaos.com/corona-academy/cinema-4d and see a page with video thumbnails?
2. Does the error appear after you click on one of the video thumbnails?
3. What browser are you using and are you using some kind of adblocker plugin? Try disabling it on the Corona Academy website.
4. When you get the error, try going back in your browser and playing the video again. Do not open the video in a new tab. Simply left-click on one of the thumbnails and it should start playing in a pop-up window. You can then full-screen it. Does it work?

Please answer the above points and based on your answers we should be able to suggest the next steps.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-11-01, 15:04:31
Reply #5

Fortune_Lime

• Users
    • View Profile
I was having the same/similar issues launching the videos and something that worked for me was to simply hold CTRL and then click the video thumbnail. This opened the player (on the same page) and then I could full screen it.
Might work for others too if you have this problem launching the videos.

2023-11-02, 03:41:55
Reply #6

Adam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • RenderWorx
3. What browser are you using and are you using some kind of adblocker plugin? Try disabling it on the Corona Academy website.

This is what solved it for me, my blocker was blocking vimeo cookies.

2023-11-02, 22:59:44
Reply #7

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys you do realise all your links dont work for the new videos ?
https://www.chaos.com/corona-academy

2023-11-02, 23:31:41
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Just tried - everything works here.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-11-03, 08:41:58
Reply #9

Börje

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Support helped me.
I don't know why, but (on a Mac) Command + Clicking on the video thumbnails made id work. on a Windows machine it should be Control + Click.
One fix was also: clicking on the video thumbnail an then get back to the page you came from and clicking again.

Maybe you can try that if you have problems.

2023-11-03, 11:59:08
Reply #10

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The website has been updated with a fix, so this should not be happening any more and videos should play in pop-up without needing to press extra keys ;) Apologies to those who were inconvenienced these first few days. And of course, do report in if you still experience problems!

2023-11-03, 12:00:53
Reply #11

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

They are not meant to work as links (e.g. right click to open link in new tab, or copy the link and paste it). They will only play as pop-ups on the webpages themselves. If you mean something else though, let us know. Also, they were incorrectly trying to open as links randomly for some, and that has been fixed just today (we hope!)

2023-11-09, 13:07:34
Reply #12

savat

• Active Users
    • View Profile

They are not meant to work as links (e.g. right click to open link in new tab, or copy the link and paste it). They will only play as pop-ups on the webpages themselves. If you mean something else though, let us know. Also, they were incorrectly trying to open as links randomly for some, and that has been fixed just today (we hope!)

Why not like the vray tutorials series launched in this days on the chaos youtube channel? Is vray more practical than corona this time? :)

2023-11-09, 14:12:41
Reply #13

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We have our videos on our YouTube channel though :) We just want these longer, more complicated to make videos to be for those who have an active Corona license though (including trials). Same way as being able to use Cosmos assets comes along with having a license. So this is just one of those additional benefits to being a Corona user!

PS - when I say we have our videos on YouTube, I also mean we will continue to make those, not just referring to ones that are there already.

2023-11-11, 15:59:40
Reply #14

savat

• Active Users
    • View Profile