Author Topic: wxWidget Debug Error  (Read 1346 times)

2023-12-30, 19:16:14

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I've started getting this error on my DR slaves since upgrading to Corona 11.  Never had them before until now

2024-01-03, 13:59:33
Reply #1

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Does this cause the render to cancel?
Is everything else working fine besides the error?
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2024-01-03, 14:01:47
Reply #2

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It stops the slaves from rendering, I'm not sure what comes first as I'm rarely logged in to the slaves.  I only log in when i see the slaves aren't rendering and that's when I see the error.  It could be that they were rendering and then crashed when the error appeared, or it could be that they never started rendering because the error came first?

2024-01-30, 14:29:42
Reply #3

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any news on this at all, it's still happening

2024-01-30, 14:35:33
Reply #4

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you having the issue with Corona 11 and/or Corona 11 Hotfix 1?
There were DR related improvements in the hotfix.

2024-01-30, 14:37:20
Reply #5

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
11 and now 11 Hotfix 1

2024-01-30, 15:25:52
Reply #6

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks.

Can you please try, if possible, with Corona 10 and confirm that the issue is not happening with Corona 10?
This is to narrow down the search for where the issue is possibly lying.
And did you experience this with any scene, or for particular one(s)?

2024-01-30, 15:32:29
Reply #7

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've never experienced it with Corona 10.  It's only since upgrading to 11 and now 11 hf1.  It's all scenes and it isn't consistent.  It doesn't happen every time.  It's random

2024-02-07, 11:23:51
Reply #8

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Are you still experiencing this error?

2024-02-07, 11:24:30
Reply #9

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2024-02-07, 11:54:11
Reply #10

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It will be best to proceed in a ticket.
Please submit one and attach the scene for which you are having this issue: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please also provide as much detail as possible.

2024-02-07, 12:38:23
Reply #11

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've already explained that its completely random and has happened with lots of different scenes, sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesnt.  It's not any scene in particular.  I could open a scene now and it doesn't happen, I could open the same scene again tomorrow and it does happen.  Completely random.  Am I meant to just pick a random scene to send over?

The error message is quite clear no, surely it means something to the Corona team?  Also this doesn't seem to be a new issue.  You have tonnes of reports (3 pages when you search the forums) of this dating back an entire decade.  i notice some of them are marked as 'Solved' without any actual resolution ...

2024-02-09, 15:06:50
Reply #12

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, wxWidgets is a 3rd party library that we are using to draw some of our UI elements. Please note that most of the wxWidgets reports that you can find on the forum are about the "mouse capture" issue. We don't understand what exactly is causing it, but in 99% cases it is safe to ignore and does not cause any harm such as crashes or unsaved renders.

Your report is slightly different - it's about "sockets" and most likely causes the rendering to crash or not to start at all.

If you can see threads marked as "solved", but there is no specific solution in them, it usually means that the user stopped responding.

If you could send us any random scene where this consistently happens to you, that would be more helpful to us than nothing. Otherwise we are unable to reproduce the problem = we have no way of helping you.

I also have one question: are you using some kind of remote desktop connection software? The "mouse capture" issue seems to be more frequent when controlling PCs through a remote desktop app.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-02-09, 15:11:34
Reply #13

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you could send us any random scene where this consistently happens to you

That's the problem, it's not consistent - it's random.

I use Remote Desktop yes.

2024-02-09, 17:22:21
Reply #14

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
What exact remote desktop software do you use and has the error ever occurred when you were not using this software?

2024-02-09, 17:29:37
Reply #15

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The native one in windows called 'Remote Desktop'.

In answer to your second question.  I wouldn't know.  It's happening on one particular node and I only ever connect to that node through Remote Desktop.  It's just sat in the corner of the room with no monitor or peripherals.  I have another node that I also connect to through Remote Desktop and I've not seen the error on that node.

The problematic node is a Threadripper 3990x running Windows 11.  The other node AND my main workstation are both Intel i9's running Windows 10 if that helps.  Although I should stress I've been using this setup for years with no issues, it's only since upgrading to Corona 11 and now Corona 11 Hotfix 1 that I've started encountering the issue.

2024-02-27, 13:18:00
Reply #16

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Unfortunately, I don't think we can help if we don't reproduce the error. If you can share any scene where it has appeared at least once, please do.
Other than that, it will be most likely fixed with the new VFB, which is planned to be a part of Corona 12.