Author Topic: [solved] Water drops bump issue  (Read 2877 times)

2017-03-02, 09:57:55

bulyfabi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 128hi Studio
Hi,

I'm trying to achieve a similar condensation effect by using only bump: https://www.behance.net/gallery/21012479/Caustics-Premium-Draft

I'm using Corona Layered mtl; base for the glass, 1st 2nd layer - labels, 3rd layer for waterdrops. My problem is that the 3rd layer is not adding up to the top of the rest but cuts out from the labes under it. What am I missing? Pls help
« Last Edit: 2017-03-02, 16:28:46 by maru »

2017-03-02, 10:14:03
Reply #1

bulyfabi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 128hi Studio
Aslo tried putting waterdrops in the 1st layer as displacement, but displacement does not work in layers only in base material :S

2017-03-02, 11:04:40
Reply #2

Lucutus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • a+m
i dont think using only bump or displacemonet will do the job.

i suggest you create two different meshes. One for the Bottle and one for the waterdrops.

Greetz

Lucutus

2017-03-02, 11:54:51
Reply #3

bulyfabi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 128hi Studio
i dont think using only bump or displacemonet will do the job.

i suggest you create two different meshes. One for the Bottle and one for the waterdrops.

Greetz

Lucutus

Yep, thats the harder way. The author of the behance post mentioned that he created the effect by only using a normal map in the bump slot so thats why I thought it would be an easier solution.

2017-03-02, 12:10:33
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't think it's possible with single mesh and layered material. If you'll use refraction in your condensation layer it will always sees through label. Either you sacrifice refraction in droplets or do as Lucutus already suggested - use separate meshes. I'd choose second option, because Corona still doesn't play well when refraction and layered materials involved in one place. Hopefully that will change in the next release when improvement in refraction materials behaviour will be introduced.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-03-02, 16:08:42
Reply #5

bulyfabi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 128hi Studio
It worked with the 2 meshes!! Thanks ! :))