Author Topic: Question about LS:xxx / Network  (Read 6575 times)

2015-05-13, 10:28:28

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi.
Yesterday we ordered FairSaas 1ws + 5n. Now I try to get my small renderfarm to communicate with the CoronaLic-server @ 192.168.0.112, connect to the Internetz.
I understood that everything should work when I install v1 to my farm-computers and add CoronaActivation.txt to c:\users..local...\CoronaRenderer.
In that .txt should be only LS:192.168.0.112

In .112 I have only LicServer running and I added my user:pass-info to .txt . Program starts but I cant seem to verify that it connects to you guys (good if it showed "Connected to LicManagement@Corona or something). Anyways, when I have that LS:192.168.0.112 in my farms, and hit render from my WS, everything starts to connect. Nodes load 3dsmax,
Server says "Receiving ping from" [dont show what computer]. The nodes try to start 3dsmax but then they close. Server wont give any info about did it get lics from you guys or no.

So right now I skipped the LicServer and all my farm-comps have CoronaActivation.txt with the loooooooooooooong code. Everything works without the LicServer - I Iz happy.
But my main question is: In one month, do I need to activate all the 5 nodes again trough VNC and do a lot of copy/paste?
If yes then I will need to get the LicServer working.

At my work I manage also LicServers for our SolidWorks, Automateworks, Autodesk-products and ProEngineer.

2015-05-13, 11:16:50
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The nodes try to start 3dsmax but then they close. Server wont give any info about did it get lics from you guys or no.
This sounds like the nodes are simply not activated (duh :) ).

I guess you have already seen our LS/licensing/activation guides, but just in case, here it is:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000618553

Also, however unprofessional this sounds, I am not sure if the "LS:" option is available in the official build and Ondra is not available yet. Could you try downloading latest daily build and try with licensing again? Here is how to do it:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-daily-builds

Also, this seems to support my suspicions:
Specifying licensing server IP is now possible - create CoronaActivation.txt file with single line: LS:1.2.3.4, where 1.2.3.4 is the server IP/hostname
Source: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,7238.15.html
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-05-13, 11:40:01
Reply #2

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But I think this would be a big question: If someone has 20 nodes, it would mean you have to manually get the request keys from all 20 and copy/paste them
to CustomerZone to get the long line of code (and then paste those to CoronaActivation.txt) - I would assume those 20 nodes connect to the LicServer, and the LicServer
distributes those codes. Meaning that all the nodes would connect to the LicServer when they have LS:ip-number in their CoronaActivation.txt

ADD: so my node/farmcomputer do not connect to the Internet. LicServer does.

I guess you have already seen our LS/licensing/activation guides, but just in case, here it is:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000618553
Yep. Seen.

Also, however unprofessional this sounds, I am not sure if the "LS:" option is available in the official build and Ondra is not available yet. Could you try downloading latest daily build and try with licensing again? Here is how to do it:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-daily-builds
Hmm. Dont belive - I would strongly assume it should work in the 1.00.02. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Specifying licensing server IP is now possible - create CoronaActivation.txt file with single line: LS:1.2.3.4, where 1.2.3.4 is the server IP/hostname
Yep. Just to compare. We have Solidworks. One server distributes the licenses. It has a software, It connects to the internet and downloads the licenses from SolidWorks, or Dassault.
Then all our workers when they launch SolidWorks, their laptops connect to the server and the server gives a license.

But as of right now, my computer and 5 nodes are rendering. It is ok to be like it is now, but do I need to activate them manually again in one month?

2015-05-13, 11:47:12
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
But I think this would be a big question: If someone has 20 nodes, it would mean you have to manually get the request keys from all 20 and copy/paste them
to CustomerZone to get the long line of code (and then paste those to CoronaActivation.txt) - I would assume those 20 nodes connect to the LicServer, and the LicServer
distributes those codes. Meaning that all the nodes would connect to the LicServer when they have LS:ip-number in their CoronaActivation.txt

ADD: so my node/farmcomputer do not connect to the Internet. LicServer does.
Yes, that is correct. This is what should happen.

Hmm. Dont belive - I would strongly assume it should work in the 1.00.02. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Please try with the daily build (if you can/have time of course).

Yep. Just to compare. We have Solidworks. One server distributes the licenses. It has a software, It connects to the internet and downloads the licenses from SolidWorks, or Dassault.
Then all our workers when they launch SolidWorks, their laptops connect to the server and the server gives a license.
Again, this is what LS is supposed to do. My point was that this feature was described in Daily Builds Changelog thread - so it is probably available in dailies only. :)

But as of right now, my computer and 5 nodes are rendering. It is ok to be like it is now, but do I need to activate them manually again in one month?
I'm afraid yes, unless they are connected to the internet or LS works properly.

2015-05-13, 11:54:18
Reply #4

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Have to say that I just now saw that Ondra just added it. I didnt notice the date on thread before... HAVE to try that dailybuild - when I have time.

Just as a suggestion to the Corona LicServer:
-Some information or green led to show it connected to you guys after I insert user/pass to it.
-Free lics would be nice to see if possible (to compare SolidWorks shows who uses and what lic)

I added the screenshot just to ask did it install correctly or is it missing something. I was thinking should it need a "Login" button after you insert user/pass - and then
It would show "Connected to Corona - Lets get ready to rumbleeee! ..Render, we mean." :)

2015-05-13, 12:24:19
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Yes, it looks correct.

2015-05-14, 10:12:08
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ok, I received an official answer:
-the IP entry is currently for daily builds only
-licensing server will show complete log ("received request from computer X" and "replying to computer X with code Y") on success

Please inform us if you succeed with this or contact us if you encounter any problems. (it would be best to submit a support ticket: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new )

2015-05-15, 11:06:01
Reply #7

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No daily build for 3dsmax2012?
I´ll wait - Or if Ondra has a few minutes, hit me up with a 2012 dBuild :)

2015-05-15, 13:23:23
Reply #8

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I got the 2012 daily build which Ondra just made (THANKS!) and now my farm comps have only that CoronaActivation.txt and LS:192.168.0.112.
I did a very simple scene, send it to all the farm-comps. Now the Corona LicServer says for all five computers:
    Got request key XXXXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX 3dsmax from
    Request key is not valid, discarding

2015-05-15, 14:59:38
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Upgrade also the licensing server to the latest version on dropbox
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-05-15, 15:29:33
Reply #10

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Updated...and it works!
Big thanks for your help!

[So now there is 5 computers with 3dsmax2012, they all have LS:192.168.0.112 in CoronaActivation.txt and my serves gives the lics.]

2015-05-15, 16:01:29
Reply #11

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Cool! So everything is ok now?

2015-05-15, 21:24:46
Reply #12