Author Topic: Some sort of analyzer for VFB  (Read 2259 times)

2019-06-12, 15:06:49

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Got this weird idea for VFB:
Could there be some sort of analyzer so as you render an image and you see it on your VFB, it would kinda paint lets say red color
to the objects/materials are the hardest to clear from noise. Or something like which area of the image takes most time to clear.
If an SSS-based material would be difficult to calculate = it would be red in the VFB.

Turning the idea for lights, could it tell the user which light generates to most hardest calculation for the cpu.
Ergo ~ if you turn off this light, your render will be done faster. The "analyzer" cant say do that and do this. But just show "this is heavy to calculate",
"this makes your cpu cry".

Mixing the idea more. Lets say there would be a gradient from green to yellow to red. Green= fast to render, Yellow=avarage, Red= Difficult.
Then when you render an image, the image would use only green/yellow/red colors to tell the user which parts were fast/normal/difficult for the cpu.
Maybe this info could be somehow gathered from Path tracing/UHD Cache?

Maybe I am wrong but I would think that some parts (of an image) are easier and some harder to render. The idea of this would show what the user could
adjust to make things easier/faster.

2019-06-12, 15:23:21
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you try to use sampling info render element. It does very similar thing to what you described, shows dynamic sampling distribution over the image. Areas that are harder to render, gets more samples.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures