Author Topic: CML Website is ONLINE! Enjoy.  (Read 21178 times)

2014-05-15, 14:54:50
Reply #30

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
3 is not a large amount. Are you sure just 3 points of awesomeness would make it worth the implementation? I am really not convinced the awesomeness/implementation difficulty ratio would pay off in this case.

2014-05-15, 15:00:53
Reply #31

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I'm not against CML or anything, but for me creation of materials in Corona is so fast, easy and intuitive that it could actually take more time to download a material than to make it from scratch.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-05-16, 06:27:24
Reply #32

Javadevil

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Its really good to see a material library for Corona.

Good work Tomer !

2014-08-11, 13:41:27
Reply #33

LKEdesign

• Active Users
  • I'm addicted to Corona Render and I need NO cure.
    • View Profile
    • LKE Design Web-site
Currently I think downloading materials CML materials is too much work - unfortunately!

My biggest reservation on CML is that people are far to anarchistic and sloppy with their naming of shaders and maps - and references to maps - giving one big mess when imported.

Without a convention on exchanging these materials in terms of naming, placement ect - the gain is to little! Ordnung muss sein!!

In my opinion materials should be named first by category - then main subject - then - sub subject  - fx. Metal_Chrome_Scratched  that helps finding the material. Using Max' own naming like 'Material#12325" should be punished with 10 whip strokes and potential execution by dawn. Thats simply not a way to exchange materials. Maybe a username should be added somewhere to prevent collision with similar materials, - I don't know.

Naming of referenced maps should follow the same naming convention fx. Metal_Chrome_Scratched_Reflection, Metal_Chrome_Scratched_Bump ... ect.
- and should of course be referenced in the material Relative - preferably to a subfolder placed the same place as the max file containing the material  - in other words : /Maps/Metal_Chrome_Scratched_Reflection, /Maps/Metal_Chrome_Scratched_Bump.

I don't know if it is really necessary to download a MAX file for getting a material - MAX support an XML way to save material  - but I don't know how open it is to support external renderers like Corona - Maybe that should be another feature addon on Ondras list.

I hope I will open some kind of debate on this subject, because I think it is needed to make CML usable. - and actually that goes for other libraries like TurboSquid, DesignConnected ect as well.
All the best,
LKE Design
See my work at: http://www.lkedesign.dk/en/portfolio_en.html

2014-08-11, 14:11:54
Reply #34

lmikkelb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What if we could download multiply materials at once, or some kind of button where you could access all the materials uploaded to CML directly in max. that would be faster :D 

2014-08-12, 13:48:23
Reply #35

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What if we could download multiply materials at once, or some kind of button where you could access all the materials uploaded to CML directly in max. that would be faster :D

Right on. This would be GREAT.
I wouldnt mind if the file would be big, one button to download them all!

2014-08-14, 07:33:14
Reply #36

Fritzlachatte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am not sure if a "one button solution" for downloading the complete content would be the right way. Nobody would discover the single shaders and might not vote for the better ones, which makes it easier for other users to separate good and not so overwhelming quality.

About the site itself I can say, that I learned a lot with these shaders, because I can figure out how others handled problems or sometimes giving confirmation that my way of creating the shader ist right, my lighting settings just were wrong.

So thanks for the CML Website :-) 

2014-09-29, 08:58:55
Reply #37

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was just wondering - I havent installed a7 yet. If I download a material from CML which was done with a7, will it be totally different in a6? Or some
things wont work?
In other words: Is it ok to use a7 materials in a6?

2014-09-29, 09:52:17
Reply #38

Oltskul

• Active Users
  • "Whoa, that is lot of boxes!" Adam West
    • View Profile
Hi, just quick thought, is it possible to filter material if they are:

• Only Procedural
  • Only Texture Bitmaps
  • Mix of Bitmap and Procedurals

Corona is like some king of addictive game... "Just one... More... Render... Before... Then i will do something... Useful"

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2022-06-01, 20:18:39
Reply #39

jlvisuals

• Users
    • View Profile
Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread, but I stumbled upon this post while searching for materials for high-rise curtain wall glass. It seems at one point there was a community base Corona Material Library website for users to upload and share materials created by themselves. It no longer seems to be active though. Is this the same library of materials that is included with the Corona Render license now? Are there any other community material websites for Corona / 3DSMax? I have found quite a few ones for C4D but nothing in the way of 3DSMax ones. Thanks!

2022-06-01, 20:39:37
Reply #40

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The ones on that website were not the same as the ones in the current Corona Material Library or in Chaos Cosmos (those last two are entirely created in-house, for reasons of licensing, so no user created content from that old website is in either of those libraries).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-06-02, 22:14:56
Reply #41

jlvisuals

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, Tom. The old coronamaterials.com website seems to be down for me. Is it no longer functioning, or is there a problem on my end trying to access the site?

2022-06-03, 13:09:02
Reply #42

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It's not just you, the site isn't there any more. Note that it was always a third-party site, nothing run by us :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us