Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - adamadam

Pages: [1]
[Max] I need help! / DR server - Status:closed
« on: 2017-05-30, 16:38:13 »
I've been getting this message a lot on our nodes.

I have to force restart Max and the DR server before I can send any jobs to the node.

Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?
Using latest daily as 1.6 was stuck in a loop where it said it was either downloading or waiting for render start.

Might have to revert to 1.5 at this rate, but don't really want to do that if possible.


I previously put this in the help needed sub and it's still happening. I change the name and it keeps changing back. I know it's not a show-stopper, but I'd be curious to know why this is happening.

We didn't have the problem before 1.6. I can't pin it down to anything else - I've done virus scans with various different AV programs.

Any ideas?


[Max] Bug Reporting / Waiting for render start
« on: 2017-05-11, 16:11:07 »
Is anyone else getting this behaviour/message? The nodes just sit there waiting unresponsively after a render has finished.

If you restart Max and the DR server it works.

[Max] I need help! / DR node weird name problem
« on: 2017-04-27, 14:55:24 »
One of our nodes has renamed itself as

It's not called that under any system settings and I've already changed it once on the DR server dialog box and it's changed back.

I've not put this under bugs as I think we might have a virus, but I've done a scan and nothing has come up.

Any ideas?

[Max] Bug Reporting / DR node reporting version incorrectly
« on: 2017-04-25, 13:33:45 »
Hi, have just installed 1.6 on render nodes and desktop. First DR render went OK, but re-render says that there is a version mismatch (slave version: unknown (pre 1.3), master version:1.6)

I restarted the nodes (was difficult to get DR to close) and now rendering OK.

Using Max 2015 as master and the nodes have both Max 2013 and 2015.

I've used a light material on some geometry to make a nice glow in a downlighter - there may be more efficient ways to get this outcome :)

The problem is that it doesn't appear in the mirror. Non light materials appear fine.

The light is an instance.

Easy to sort it in post, but be good to know if I am doing something wrong or if this is a bug/feature.

[Max] Resolved Bugs / Internal error - Bad Allocation
« on: 2016-11-30, 17:18:52 »
Error report from clipboard:

===== Error(3) =====
Internal error. Please report it at
Bad allocation
Wanted to allocate: 346MB
Used virtual memory: 47013MB
Total virtual memory: 47018MB

Stack trace:
 6 Corona::preAssert  0x7ff9bacc8540
 5 Corona::coronaMalloc  0x7ff9bacc9510
 4 Corona::PropertyDescriptor::getNth  0x7ff9a5ccc9b0
 3 Corona::IFrameBuffer::ExrStats::fromString  0x7ff9a5dbfca0
 2 Corona::IFrameBuffer::ExrStats::fromString  0x7ff9a5dbfca0
 1 Corona::IFrameBuffer::ExrStats::fromString  0x7ff9a5dbfca0
 0 CanAutoDefer  0x7ff9baa57aa0

This popped up at render time. It's possible it's something else than Corona because my whole system is flaking out (Photoshop just took about 5mins to launch after first crashing out) but I'm still reporting it because the error box asked me to :)

Windows 10, Max 2017, Corona 1.5 hotfix 2

We've had the odd black square appear on some frames (only 3 of 250) of an animation. It's only in the beauty pass in the frame buffer, but it saves out with the square embedded. The square moves around but is the same size in all of the frames where it occurs.

The square has appeared when rendered on our render nodes (which are running 1.5 hotfix) and on the workstation (running 1.5)

I did a search and couldn't find anything else like this. Anything we are doing wrong? (We'll be updating the workstation to the hotfix as soon as this animation is finished - wanted to match the existing colours.)


I'm trying to distribute leaves on a distribution object (end of tree branches). If I use the normal Max scatter (in Compound objects menu) I get out of memory errors or the objects don't render unless I use very few leaves. The tree looks very bare. It would be OK for a winter tree.

I can render with large amount of corona scatter leaves but I can't distribute them according to face centres so the leaves don't connect to the end of the branches properly. So the tree looks like it has a lot of floating leaves near the end of the branches.

If Corona scatter supported all the max distribution modes (I don't know how simple or difficult this would be) I think I'd be able to get this tree rendered :)

Pages: [1]