Author Topic: Rendering glass on transparent background (and keep the transparency)  (Read 462 times)

2023-03-15, 05:38:41

Stof

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So ive been rendering glass on transparent background, saving it and compositing it inside photoshop, currently using color dodge add to remove the black part of the glass...

Does anyone know of a good way to keep the glass looking correctly without loosing the glass features?
(when i place the glass inside photoshop it does not have its transparency but rather is black)

2023-03-16, 11:47:48
Reply #1

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

If you use physically correct glass - no thin shell, actual thickness of the model - the alpha should be automatically generated in a way to support what you want to do, if I understand it correctly.
How does the alpha look for these models?

I would also advise trying other blending modes in Photoshop, e.g. Multiply over Overlay.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-03-16, 20:54:55
Reply #2

Stof

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Alpha is solid, compositing it with overlay dosent work eaither its not displaying the glass correctly...
If theres a way to render the glass with a correct alpha thats also an option im just not sure how that is done...

2023-03-17, 12:33:03
Reply #3

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you attach screenshots of the material setup?
If it is a to some degree refractive glass, alpha cannot be solid - completely white.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us