Author Topic: Opening Frame Buffer changes temp of monitor  (Read 578 times)

2023-02-03, 01:20:41

Larissa

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello!

Using 3DS Max 2023.1 and Corona 9 on a Windows 10 machine with an NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super. All software and hardware is up to date.

I've noticed on some Max files, that when I open the Corona Frame Buffer, my monitor changes from one color settings to another. And changes back once closed. My monitor also flickers between these 2 color settings when IR is in progress.

No other issues with my monitor - gaming, photoshop, and daily activities. So, I am pretty sure it isn't the monitor.

Is this a known problem?

2023-02-03, 10:51:45
Reply #1

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

This is maybe triggered by having specific options enabled or disabled in monitor menu itself.
For example I have seen such temperature changes in specific websites, applications with grey areas in them and in some other places as well.
The option responsible for it was "Overdrive" in my ASUS 144hz monitor.
I also remember that with 120Hz refresh rate (144Hz refresh rate was considered overclocking on it) I have never seen such thing of color changes.

I would recommend resetting the monitor settings, checking if there is option like I mentioned, toggling it on and off, and lowering the refresh rate of the monitor and see if any of these bring improvements.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us