Author Topic: A few ideas for clouds improvements  (Read 973 times)

2022-10-29, 01:29:27

icedstar

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello I just wanted to share a couple ideas I have on how to improve the cloud system.

1- The ability to change the size of the clouds, for example have just 2 or 3 clouds in the sky but having them be big ones.

2- Presets for different types of weather like storms, overcast, clear skies, etc.

3- Different layers of clouds that can be animated at different speeds and directions as in the real world the wind can change direction and velocity depending on the altitude.

4- Different types of clouds like stratus, cumulus, nimbus, etc.

Overall the new clouds are amazing and I think for a first try this is a fantastic result but maybe with a couple more options it can be so much more.

Thank you for always improving this amazing renderer and I hope to see some of these feats in the future.

Attached is my first test using the clouds, super easy to set up and very fast to render.

2023-02-16, 13:42:34
Reply #1

bibi5000

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1- The ability to change the size of the clouds, for example have just 2 or 3 clouds in the sky but having them be big ones.
+ 1

I got a change request from a client for exactly that today :)

And another one: It would be nice if the sky could be rotated like an HDRI, for a better control of the horizon line

« Last Edit: 2023-02-16, 13:58:55 by bibi5000 »