Author Topic: Chaos Scatter Edge Trimming Playground!  (Read 23487 times)

2023-02-26, 09:48:21
Reply #45

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Did you check if both proxy objects are actually set to the same display mode? If one of them is set to full mesh and the other is set to something else, that would explain the results that you are getting with edge trimming. If both are set to the same display mode, but the edge trimming is working with only one of them, then you can contact the support and provide both proxy files for inspection. https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-02-26, 17:55:47
Reply #46

mvpetropolis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you check if both proxy objects are actually set to the same display mode? If one of them is set to full mesh and the other is set to something else, that would explain the results that you are getting with edge trimming. If both are set to the same display mode, but the edge trimming is working with only one of them, then you can contact the support and provide both proxy files for inspection. https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you very much for your attention, I am contacting support but I want to record this bug here in the post, I did new tests without a proxy and with different grass objects, one igrass and the other from dgrass the one from igrass did not work, the one from dgrass it worked perfectly both had the Chaos Scatter Edge Trimming texture on their respective materials...

2023-02-27, 12:27:38
Reply #47

mvpetropolis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, how are you? Well, I want to contribute to the community by explaining how I solved my problem, I had already tried everything, changed the materials, imported all the blocks again, the funny thing is that this igrass collection all the blocks had the same problem, it was Here I thought of giving the block a RESET XFORM, bingo the problem was solved, thanks for your attention...

2023-02-27, 12:41:47
Reply #48

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, how are you? Well, I want to contribute to the community by explaining how I solved my problem, I had already tried everything, changed the materials, imported all the blocks again, the funny thing is that this igrass collection all the blocks had the same problem, it was Here I thought of giving the block a RESET XFORM, bingo the problem was solved, thanks for your attention...

If you are using some collection, it will be a good idea to inform the author(s) about this XForm related issue. Maybe the models came with a modified XForm and need to be reset.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-02-27, 19:14:47
Reply #49

mvpetropolis

• Active Users
    • View Profile

If you are using some collection, it will be a good idea to inform the author(s) about this XForm related issue. Maybe the models came with a modified XForm and need to be reset.

Yes I already informed them

2023-06-22, 18:31:48
Reply #50

crmg88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello

I am using wild grass from Chaos Cosmos 3D library - in which the material already comes with EdgeTrimmingMap, but I can't make the grass trimmed to a straight line.
Can anyone help?

thank you!

2023-06-22, 18:44:25
Reply #51

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
hello

I am using wild grass from Chaos Cosmos 3D library - in which the material already comes with EdgeTrimmingMap, but I can't make the grass trimmed to a straight line.
Can anyone help?

thank you!

I guess you're using proxies? You'll have to set the proxy preview type to 'full mesh' for it to work.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2023-06-26, 15:42:45
Reply #52

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, when using proxies, they should be set to Full mesh display to work with EdgeTrimming map.

This is now reported (proxies to work with edge trimming map regardless of their display mode).
(Internal ID=1148580026)
« Last Edit: 2023-06-26, 16:13:38 by Aram Avetisyan »
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-06-26, 16:01:55
Reply #53

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com
I've cheated this feature by using Corona Slicer material on instances that are being scattered.

2023-06-26, 16:24:51
Reply #54

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
I've cheated this feature by using Corona Slicer material on instances that are being scattered.

That seems like a lot more work...
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2023-06-26, 20:30:44
Reply #55

John.McWaters

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JohnMcWaters.com

I just take the spline along the border, extrude it and shell it to create and cutting solid and set it to only cut the objects I want it to.

2023-06-26, 20:56:08
Reply #56

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

I just take the spline along the border, extrude it and shell it to create and cutting solid and set it to only cut the objects I want it to.

I used to do this too. It works fine, until the base surface is changed for some reason.

Scatter edge trimming is MUCH easier now days :)
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2023-07-01, 02:57:37
Reply #57

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Didn't know that Scatter for Corona was different than Scatter for V-Ray. I recently started to use V-Ray GPU and noted that it already has "Edge Trimming" as a simple checkbox. Wasn't Scatter a Corona tool initially? How is it that V-Ray team managed to implement this option faster than Corona? This has been requested many times here.
« Last Edit: 2023-07-01, 21:41:20 by Basshunter »

2023-07-07, 14:59:59
Reply #58

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Didn't know that Scatter for Corona was different than Scatter for V-Ray. I recently started to use V-Ray GPU and noted that it already has "Edge Trimming" as a simple checkbox. Wasn't Scatter a Corona tool initially? How is it that V-Ray team managed to implement this option faster than Corona? This has been requested many times here.
Hi,

this is coming for Corona, too. However some work is needed on the renderer's side to implement this as a simple checkbox and the V-Ray team was a bit quicker than us ;)

I hope this clears things up.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-12-22, 00:18:40
Reply #59

alecs8

• Users
    • View Profile
Hola, escribo como respuesta al tema de Chaos Scatter Edge Trimming, alguien reportaba que no le funcionaba y que no encontraba manera, llegue aquí porque me pasaba lo mismo, intente varias cosas pero nada funcionaba, hasta que logré que funcionara: lo hice de la siguiente manera: Selecciona los objetos a distribuir, te vas a Utilities, el icono es una llave mecánica, clic en Reset Xform y clic en Reset Selected, despues combiertes el objeto en un Editable Poly y listo, los bordes se van a cortar, estoy feliz llevaba muchísimo tiempo buscando como hacerlo funcionar, espero les ayude, abrazos feliz navidad!