Author Topic: Corona Scatter Problem  (Read 1989 times)

2022-06-14, 15:43:20

miacreed

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with Corona Scatter. I'm attaching a screenshot- basically I'm trying to distribute 1 object on a plane (in a very simple, straightforward scene), and the scatter will distribute the object everywhere except the plane.

Any ideas for resolution? Thank you!

UPDATE: Objects modeled in Max will scatter properly (a cone, a torus, etc), the problem occurs when I try to scatter imported assets (Trees from MaxTree). They will scatter, but completely off-target.
« Last Edit: 2022-06-14, 15:51:11 by miacreed »

2022-06-14, 15:51:09
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The "plane" apparently has a large bounding box (seen in white) - how is it being modified and distorted, as it is clearly warped in some way so is not a straightforward plane?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-06-14, 15:54:57
Reply #2

miacreed

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tom, how are you?
Thank you for your swift response.
No, it's not a straightforward plane- nevertheless, I tried it out in the same scene with a completely normal and flat plane and the problem persists. This only occurs with imported assets and not objects modeled in Max.
I'm attaching an image!

2022-06-14, 16:16:52
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
@Tom, the bounding box is not from plane, it's from scatter.

@miacreed, try resetting scattered object's xform and set its pivot point at the base, this should resolve any problems.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-06-14, 17:13:24
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep indeed it's from Scatter, but it's what Scatter sees the plane as being like ;) And yep based on the extra info of these being imported objects, your solutions should be the ones to resolve it!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-07-07, 23:19:00
Reply #5

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For what it's worth, in Cinema 4D, if you delete some of an object's polygons and/or points, the original bounding box will remain as well as its original axis point. I would need to run the Optimize function to clean up the remnants and also run Reset Axis to get things back to normal. Might not be the same issue here, but it may produce a similar result. Haven't tested though.