Author Topic: Adaptive enviro sampler playground!  (Read 23450 times)

2023-03-16, 16:14:21
Reply #60

brr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello.

sorry for ressurecting this old thread. Actually, I looked for 4K cache playground thread but did not found it and choosed this one, because we have a lot UHD/4K cache comparisons here.

I need to post some interesting results.
Recently I made a project where I had to render 360 degree and classical images as a first step and then as next step make bake to texture for webGL and found that:

- 4K Cache looks better when doing classic and 360 degree renderings, BUT while texture baking it produces very often splotches and light leaks.
- UHD Cache looks worser than 4K Cache (some sort of splotchy effect on non well lit areas sometimes) for classic and 360 degree renderings, BUT it looks clean while texture baking !

The splotchy and light leaks results of 4k Cache is more even with lower output resolutions, where each light leak and splotch got blurred (Lower output resolutions is often the case if the project goes to webGL and must be optimized for lowend devices).

While doing renderings and bakes the project was already optimized for optimal texture baking and webGL: unseen polygons got deleted, but lightcage (completely black environment box was used).
Terminator fix is also active for this project, because some NURBS->MOI3D models were used, otherwise got shading artifacts on them.

Anyone have same experience ?

Please, look at my attachments

I can also prepare a stripped version of this scene if devs need it.

« Last Edit: 2023-03-16, 21:34:37 by brr »