Author Topic: Multipass Z-Depth, IDs, and Mattes not working?  (Read 4884 times)

2016-12-19, 21:34:07

GilmourMotionDesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any documentation that explains the multi-pass system in Corona?  I'm getting it to work for the most part, but hitting a few road blocks with the z-depth, and IDs/Object Buffers 

I can't get any z-depth pass to render anything, but black.
I can't seem to create a pass that just has 1 single object matted in it, I can create a pass that has a different color matte for every visible object, which would be fine, but the colors shift and go crazy over the course of an animation any idea what I'm doing wrong? I attached an example.

Even if there is a link to some documentation that explains all the passes and how to use them would be very much appreciated!

Version: A6 rc 2 (core 1.6 DailyBuild Oct 28 2016)
Cinema version: CINEMA 4D Studio R16.050 S
Windows 7

2016-12-19, 21:46:04
Reply #1

GilmourMotionDesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well I'm an idiot, I wasn't checking the right box for the object ID's to create a separate pass for each object, however I still can't create a z-depth pass.  Anyone else having that problem?

2016-12-19, 22:27:16
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
A quick test here and I was able to create a z-depth.

Main menu -> Corona -> Multipass

Add z-depth

Select it and set the range as appropriate for the scene (the default is 0 to 100cm, where everything is black at 100cm - depending on the scale of the scene, this could result in everything being black)

Let me know if that helps any!

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-12-19, 22:38:30
Reply #3

GilmourMotionDesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Thanks!  I had to set it to 2000 everything was still black at 100.  I didn't even think to account for the scale of the scene till you mentioned that!  Still it'd be nice if there was a place that went over everything like that, the current manual doesn't say anything about setting the range, I've been spoiled by C4D's help manual!  Anyways, I think I was looking for this, https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000515645
it helps explain the passes a little bit better.

Thanks again!

Last issue is the material/object ID's going crazy, but I think that might have been because of a team render situation, I noticed that every time a hit the render button the colors in the ID pass randomize, so 6 different computers rendering the same animation could create 6 different looking ID passes.  Wonder if that's a bug worth reporting to Corona?