Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
I would love to hear the reasoning behind that decision.
[C4D] I need help! / Re: Multishader multipass masks?
« Last post by Stefan-L on 2024-04-22, 11:25:07 »
a multi material woudl be really great. similar tot he multi shader, or layered material. where one can add materials and use them similar as the multishader (assignment by different random or cpntroled menthods)
I´m on C4D 2024.4 and Win11

Can you share a quick vid or test scene of this not working. I am not able to reproduce it here with 2024 & V11 HF2.

I´m on C4D 2024.4 and Win11
hi team - im still getting that issue when in IR mode, the IR keeps in this motion UNTIL i click off screen (ie another window program) and then IR resumes.  It seems to be with forest pack objects.
[Max] I need help! / Re: Corona displacement mod problem
« Last post by Tom on 2024-04-22, 02:32:32 »
As soon as I convert simple box to editable poly and apply unwrap and  displacement, one side of box got displacement and other side is "flat".

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Every face of the box looks fine on my end, even when it's converted to editable poly and I played a bit with the UVs with the Unwrap UVW modifier.
[Max] I need help! / Re: Corona displacement mod problem
« Last post by Tom on 2024-04-22, 02:24:55 »
Did you try to put the Displacement map in the material slot instead of using a modifier?
Gallery / Re: Nut-o-grammetry
« Last post by LuckyFox on 2024-04-22, 00:43:29 »
It's a long overdue release, 1st in a series of high-detail berries I plan to make available soon. This juicy berry has been digitally sitting on my SSD since July '23, but thanks to a release request from Philip Moreton I put aside my procrastination and made it happen. The most tedious part was cleaning in Zbrush, since the berry had lots of small fuzz, resulting in a noisy surface after the scan. 192 focus stacked 100Mpx inputs for RC(Capturing Reality). Rendered with Chaos Corona.
[Max] I need help! / Re: mapping help
« Last post by romullus on 2024-04-21, 23:44:21 »
I'm glad to hear that you find my effort useful :]

There is, at the moment, one thing I don't understand in your setup. In the modifier panel, there is something called "transform gold text" and "transform cut-out". what are these doing exactly? Also if I search for that modifier in the modifier list, I cannot find it. Is it a 3rd party plugin? If so, where can I get it?

Those are standard 3ds Max UVW xform modifiers, i just renamed them to inform you what's their purpose (it didn't help though ;]). They're there so you could procedurally adjust size and location of label and its graphics. I think i also instanced one of them to the bottle object, so if you adjust the label, bottle's displacement should follow along. P.S. you can rename any modifier in the stack by right clicking on it - sometimes it's useful to help you keep track in a bigger scene, especially if you know that you'll have to come back to it sometime in the future.

Label mesh uses live boolean, so be careful if you'll want to move the bottle in your scene, make sure to also move hidden "cutter" object, or better yet just collapse boolean modifier - it's not needed for your scene, i added it just to show how the scene can be made a bit more procedural.

Couple things i forgot to mention in my previous message - i noticed that your bottle's walls are unrealistically thin. I'd suggest to make them thicker if you want to get more realistic result. Also for glass with varying thickness you almost always want to use absorption. It's turned on in the new glass material, you can turn it on and off and observe how it changes the look. And don't be afraid to experiment with absorption colour and thickness - i just entered quite random values, i'm sure you'll be able to achieve even better results by experimenting with those two values.

And finally - your liquid was open mesh, that's a big no no for any material that has non zero refraction or volumetrics. I fixed this, but try to keep this in mind for the future.
Gallery / CS1 by NOOM
« Last post by mench.vis on 2024-04-21, 23:01:36 »
CS1 by NOOM
Visualization: @mench.vis
Design: @noomhome

Cooperation ⬇️

📩 info@menchvis.com

#productdesign #architecturalvisualisation #instarender #render #rendering #cgi
#3dmaxcorona #3drenders #architecturaldetail #dailyrender #architecturelovers #designmilk
#coronarender #cgarchitect #cgarts #furmiture #archilovers #perfectrender
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]