Author Topic: UMA and corona GPU  (Read 3532 times)

2014-01-22, 16:17:17

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
First of all i know what keymaster sayd about corona and gpu, But for real who doesnt want a render to go faster??
i dont know a thing about code or so but AMD has launched the UMA (Uniform memory access) and the thing is that the gpu and cpu can share the same memory and the gpu as we know is very good making some specific tasks.

So i want to know if it is posible and the thoughts of keymaster on this topic.

(also nvidia is announcing Unified Memory for CUDA)

2014-01-22, 18:08:46
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
First of all i know what keymaster sayd about corona and gpu, But for real who doesnt want a render to go faster??

Using this logic, if you want render to be faster, why don't you just buy faster computer?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-01-22, 21:58:49
Reply #2

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Dont get me wrong on this, it would be great to have a software that CAN use the entire system to make a certain work, Without loosing its features.

2014-01-22, 23:55:17
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Dont get me wrong on this, it would be great to have a software that CAN use the entire system to make a certain work, Without loosing its features.

So I should feel bad for not rendering also on the sound card? ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-01-23, 11:51:09
Reply #4

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com

So I should feel bad for not rendering also on the sound card? ;)

ahahaha :D
Corona - the best rendering solution!