Author Topic: Vray 3.0 open beta  (Read 32943 times)

2013-10-30, 10:22:23
Reply #30

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Or do you guys find the examples that horrible ?

Well... yes. The firefly problem could be shown so easily. Just make some geo with a light close to the surface and let the GI rays show the effect. Or let's take the "probabilistic lights" mode. Well, 13 lights in the scene with a setting of 8 light sources (I'm assuming that) in probabilistic mode is very good idea... And don't get me started with the "faster but more noise" thing :D
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-10-30, 10:56:07
Reply #31

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
let's keep the fanboyism levels to a minimum, shall we...?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-10-30, 11:17:43
Reply #32

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I'm not sure where you see fanboy-ism here O_o . It's about a review that is not very useful, it's not about how good or bad those Vray features are. I'm pretty sure those things work a lot better if you actually use them the way they are supposed to be used.
Personally I don't care if it's Vray or Maxwell or what not (apart from this furryball guy) - if it's doing the job better than the rest, it's my tool of choice, period. And that's btw still Vray for most of my daily work.

2013-10-30, 11:33:37
Reply #33

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Yeah, i do not think there is any form of fanboyism going on here. I too noticed that the review seem like written by a hobbyist. Sometimes i think Keymaster does not bother to get into the whole context of the discussion ;)

2014-02-04, 18:06:54
Reply #34

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If anyone is interested, there's Vray 3.0 demo available for download for everyone.
http://www.chaosgroup.com/en/2/downloads.html?s=v-ray
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-02-04, 20:57:59
Reply #35

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you know what sort of limits have been placed on the demo?
Vray who?

2014-02-04, 21:15:11
Reply #36

gracelorn

• Active Users
  • 3D enthusiast
    • View Profile
Do you know what sort of limits have been placed on the demo?

The only limit I've seen so far is watermarks. But there may be other restrictions which I haven't noticed yet.

2014-02-04, 22:39:29
Reply #37

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
It's resetting the settings after some time which is driving me crazy. I want to test it if it's worth upgrading my license and it's fu**ing up my tests all the time. The whole new UI concept "let's hide everything behind funny buttons" thing is already annoying me pretty much too.

+ you can use progressive mode in 600x450 resolution max -_-

2014-02-05, 06:09:02
Reply #38

art-MIXER

• Active Users
  • Design wizard
    • View Profile
    • Blog CGi
All that largely caught my attention because it is modified Vray VFB. It is a good and convenient feature for color correction. A mini photoshop in VFB) I think the Corona of this too is not enough and it would be nice to tie a similar functionality. Perhaps even in VFB shift function exposure and compensation Highlight of the main settings menu. To manage exposure, Highlight compensation and color correction directly from VFB - I think it will be very comfortable.
Design is magic

2014-02-05, 06:21:12
Reply #39

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am very fond of some of the new features, although I myself don't own 3.0 yet, all my current projects are running 2.4 for animation reasons and after I am done, I'll think of upgrade, but it's most probably.
"Transfer Missing Assets and Use Local Machine." Looks like simple thing to do but funny it made it there now. Well it makes life much easier and convenient.

I would like to see the screenshot of the new framebuffer.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-02-05, 06:52:45
Reply #40

art-MIXER

• Active Users
  • Design wizard
    • View Profile
    • Blog CGi
I see about it so. Certainly over functionality should think more, which features can be added yet. But in general it should be something like this, push button switch on the top panel and pull-down menu on the right sidebar. I think it will give the opportunity to make an incredibly high quality stuff out of the box)

« Last Edit: 2014-02-05, 08:37:54 by art-MIXER »
Design is magic