Author Topic: Lightmix and Post features  (Read 4963 times)

2016-10-11, 16:10:42

HTKsean

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome update to the features in 1.5! However, I'm wondering if there is a way to save the ability for the LightMix adjustment when rendering via network? When rendering locally its no problem, but when the network render finishes, the render window closes. Is it possible to re-open the image in the render window to adjust the lighting? What am I missing?

Thanks

2016-10-11, 17:48:34
Reply #1

HTKsean

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It appears that the LightMix and Post adjustments are only available in the render window itself and all adjustments must be made prior to closing the render window(or before the network render finishes and closes the window automatically). This is fine if you're doing individual renders on a local machine, but we render many images simultaneously and then come back and do post. Obviously, we are not able to edit the lighting scenario on multiple network renders simultaneously. Is there not a way to save all this lighting info within the file itself and call it up when ready to do post production(similar to Maxwell Render)?
If this feature is not available. perhaps we could make it a priority??

2016-10-11, 18:02:31
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If you can dump the exr on your 'master' machine you could resume rendering locally and play with the lighting.

2016-10-11, 19:59:24
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
We are currently working on a standalone denoising/postprocessing/lightmix application, so stay tuned for 1.6 release
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-10-11, 20:03:23
Reply #4

HTKsean

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks jpjapers, I guess this would work while we wait for the standalone in 1.6. Thanks Ondra for the update on what to look forward to in 1.6!

2016-10-11, 22:47:08
Reply #5

Michael Arch-Viz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i dont have farm at home, but have one idea, so if you will use output autosave and this will save as exr file after rendering and after you can load this file in frame buffer and change bloom glare settings.
maybe this will help?

2016-10-11, 23:02:33
Reply #6

Cyanhide

• Active Users
    • View Profile
so if I understand this correctly; when I would render my job with rebus farm, I wouldn't be getting the bloom and glare?

2016-10-12, 09:51:55
Reply #7

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The standalone lightmix will be a game changer for design reviews! Cant wait!

2016-10-12, 09:58:54
Reply #8

vhector

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it also possible to add the light material to the selection? Now it is is only at the rest slider.

2016-10-12, 10:43:02
Reply #9

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ive noticed something strange regarding light materials. So i have a ceiling tile light grid which is set as an emissing corona material. Ive added it to its own group and its no longer on the rest group. However i have a TV and i tried adding that to its own group with the same material setup and for some reason it doesnt move from the 'rest' group.