Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130515 times)

2020-07-28, 14:34:39
Reply #375

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Thanks for answer, yeah I am aware of backward compatibility issues. I was maybe a bit too eager to try out V6... :)
Hi,

What was your problem with v6? We won't be able to fix it if we don't know what it is :)

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-07-29, 09:11:44
Reply #376

TomasL

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for answer, yeah I am aware of backward compatibility issues. I was maybe a bit too eager to try out V6... :)
Hi,

What was your problem with v6? We won't be able to fix it if we don't know what it is :)

Rowan

Hey Rowan,
well it is more of a general issue. In short it looks like that working with more heavy scenes in V6 causes 3ds max to to crash unexpectedly. We are not quite sure where the problem could be but it might have connection to RAM. 128 GB workstations are doing kinda fine, while 64 GB workstations are having problems more frequently. And it looks like that these issues don't exist in V5.

Also and it doesn't help it looks like that some models converted from Vray to Corona (V6) are causing crashes aswell (3Ds max error to complete crash of app) again this issue does not seem to be in V5. See we are testing out Corona in our studio so we might switch to it completely and we got excited over the new sun so V6 was it.

Again I am not sure, if the problem is the V6 (if it is more RAM demaning or generally more hardware demanding) but it looks like that V5 doesn't have these problems.

2020-07-29, 10:10:25
Reply #377

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Rowan,
well it is more of a general issue. In short it looks like that working with more heavy scenes in V6 causes 3ds max to to crash unexpectedly. We are not quite sure where the problem could be but it might have connection to RAM. 128 GB workstations are doing kinda fine, while 64 GB workstations are having problems more frequently. And it looks like that these issues don't exist in V5.

Also and it doesn't help it looks like that some models converted from Vray to Corona (V6) are causing crashes aswell (3Ds max error to complete crash of app) again this issue does not seem to be in V5. See we are testing out Corona in our studio so we might switch to it completely and we got excited over the new sun so V6 was it.

Again I am not sure, if the problem is the V6 (if it is more RAM demaning or generally more hardware demanding) but it looks like that V5 doesn't have these problems.
Hi,

If you have specific models which are causing crashes are you able to provide them to us? The only way we can fix crashes is if we are able to reproduce them here.

You can send us these files privately through our uploader, instructions on how to do this are in my signature.

In our tests so far v6 has generally a lower RAM usage than in v5. Again it would be useful of us to get a copy of your problem scenes so we can investigate the crashes.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-07-29, 14:43:27
Reply #378

TomasL

• Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

If you have specific models which are causing crashes are you able to provide them to us? The only way we can fix crashes is if we are able to reproduce them here.

You can send us these files privately through our uploader, instructions on how to do this are in my signature.

In our tests so far v6 has generally a lower RAM usage than in v5. Again it would be useful of us to get a copy of your problem scenes so we can investigate the crashes.

Cheers,

Rowan
[/quote]

Hello again,
thanks for the offer, I'll try to discuss this internally but I am afraid I won't be able to share it. Anyways I did some more tests today and It might just be our own issue that happened because of incomplete conversion of models from v-ray to corona. Will test furthermore...

again thanks for interest

2020-07-29, 15:07:11
Reply #379

Sleax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello!
Just tested latest daily build.
I have 5k monitor and i'm using 150% scale of windows UI
When i'm using corona IR vfb it show me render 2 time bigger then acutual resolution is. This makes blury image.

For example here is full screenshot of my screen. Corona shows resolution 945x478 px.,  but real size of this part of  screen is 1890x456 px.

I have no such problem with previous build from 2020-07-07

2020-07-29, 16:14:53
Reply #380

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-07-29, 17:16:47
Reply #381

Sleax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Check your Image Upscaling in the System Setup (from the Render Setup) - https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000060305-what-is-image-upscaling-factor-

Didn't notice this setting. It was at 2.0
Now it's ok, thank you!

2020-07-29, 17:24:40
Reply #382

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Most welcome! Sometimes something in the system gets that set to 2, usually on some new install of a Corona version (though could also be with a Windows update or something). Now you have it changed, it should stick. The setting is so you can render a smaller image for fast IR but have it scaled up so it's still usable/big enough to view on High DPI monitors.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-07-29, 23:34:19
Reply #383

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Corona Colour correct node doesnt work for reflection and bump mapping? Certainly in the last couple of daily builds if not earlier. Im sure it hasnt always been like this.

ColorCorrect + bump should be fixed in the latest build.

2020-07-30, 02:52:09
Reply #384

somayrah

• Active Users
  • Less is more
    • View Profile
Hello,

I have notice a problem with Orantrix.

The file crash if I use Render setting, render wrong if I use only Change with (Strand bigger) but if I use both and I leave without maps the "Width Maps" in render setting and I used only in Change with....it works, but is really mandatory to not use texture on Width map in render setting or it will crash.

The Orantrix team answer me that the problem for Corona:
I have been notified that Corona devs are still updating to our newer SDK, so they don't fully support ChangeWidth yet. We have tow ait for them to fix it.
For VRay this was fixed by Chaos Group. For Corona it's on their hands now. We notified this issue to them, now we just have to wait. To be more specific, the update have to and will come from Corona, not Ornatrix.

Any Idea about that in V6.
Thanks 

2020-07-30, 07:25:53
Reply #385

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Hi, yep, we have update to the new Ornatrix API in the pipeline. Unfortunately we did not manage to fully finish it for RC1, but it should be in RC2.

2020-07-30, 09:06:27
Reply #386

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs - i dont know when this happened and its been for quiet some time (or always?)  But when I switched over from Vray i noticed that the sky alpha maps arent anywhere near as good. 
Yes i do enable the override for direct visibility to black.  WHen i put in different skies or backlgrounds in post, theres always a slight halo or whatever you call it - its not a perfect mask.  I remember vray did perfect masks and i do believe when i switched over, so did corona and at some point, it stopped doing it as accurately.  Maybe it was always like this?  not sure.... any one else having the same issues?
« Last Edit: 2020-07-30, 09:18:21 by shortcirkuit »

2020-07-30, 10:26:19
Reply #387

annkos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, i have an issue after install RC1.. i am using max 2019 and for some reason, I am getting error writing to file that i cant solve in older corona scenes.. if i start a new scene its fine.. so for now i get back to the preview daily version.

2020-07-30, 10:59:20
Reply #388

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, i have an issue after install RC1.. i am using max 2019 and for some reason, I am getting error writing to file that i cant solve in older corona scenes.. if i start a new scene its fine.. so for now i get back to the preview daily version.
Hi,

I'm sorry I don't understand the issue that you are having? Can you provide a scene and some reproduction steps?

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-07-30, 13:30:59
Reply #389

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Devs - i dont know when this happened and its been for quiet some time (or always?)  But when I switched over from Vray i noticed that the sky alpha maps arent anywhere near as good. 
Yes i do enable the override for direct visibility to black.  WHen i put in different skies or backlgrounds in post, theres always a slight halo or whatever you call it - its not a perfect mask.  I remember vray did perfect masks and i do believe when i switched over, so did corona and at some point, it stopped doing it as accurately.  Maybe it was always like this?  not sure.... any one else having the same issues?
Hi,

I don't understand your issue where, could you please send over a scene, some screenshots and reproduction steps?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!