Author Topic: LT-Palanga resedentual building  (Read 5749 times)

2016-03-11, 09:00:07

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
A project of the resedentual buildings in Palanga. Designed and renderd by me.

Projekt took 3 days rendered in one night using single 3930k using latest daily build.

C&C as alwayse welcome, enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2016-03-11, 09:16:36
Reply #1

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
I like the overall atmosphere.

Personally, I would scaled down the bricks to be more convincing.
The height of a brick with one mortar is around 6 to 7 cm.
There is a strange pattern in your asphalt, could it be due to denoising?

2016-03-11, 09:18:12
Reply #2

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
natural lighting Lighting, the small and sexy amount of bloom, the soft colors, really look great.

Problems being the denoising, making the asphalt look like someone accidently applied the photoshop pastelle filter.
I attached a crop. It looks like how they do with VNs. Take photos, apply pastelle filter and anime character on top.
The sharpening is way way too much. The amount of sharpening artidfacts, on the trees in R3 in the background make it look like it snowed and on the brick walls, it just looks aweful.
Again, so much sharpening lately with the Corona crowd.
One more point being the forced Depth of field. I know some people like it, but personally I can't stand it if it is forced in such an unreal way. Is this a 2 meter sensor with a F0.1 lens? This doesnt work IMO for photo real images.

Last thing is rather subjective. The Women cut out does not work from two perspectives and you don't need another focal point of the image. The star in these images are the buildings, how the orange windows play with the grey-blueish colors of the scene and so on. If you need another focal point, the cars already do it.

But otherwise, it really is a very very nice brake from in your face HDRI and max colors. The grey overcast and yellow windows are one of the best color plays I have seen lately.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-03-11, 09:22:36
Reply #3

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thank you.

Actualy the scale of the bricks is right 230x76 ) i double cheked it before render. There might be wrong feeling about the scale because of the size of the buildings, it is suposed to be 35m2 flats in them so those are realy realy small.

Yes something went wrong with it. May be i should have let it render long but unfourcanatly i does not have much time in this scenario (the rendernodes were taken by coleges with another projekt with higher priority) so those images are only 30-40 pases PT+PT. Around 40-70 mins per frame.

PS - To SairesArt, very usefull thank you. I think i got to pay more attention.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-11, 09:26:50 by Nekrobul »

2016-03-11, 09:25:49
Reply #4

johan belmans

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be

Thank you.

Actualy the scale of the bricks is right 230x76 ) i double cheked it before render. There might be wrong feeling about the scale because of the size of the buildings, it is suposed to be 35m2 flats in them so those are realy realy small.

Yes something went wrong with it. May be i should have let it render long but unfourcanatly i does not have much time in this scenario (the rendernodes were taken by coleges with another projekt with higher priority) so those images are only 30-40 pases PT+PT. Around 40-70 mins per frame.

Aha Ok, over here we use smaller bricks. So this is some of "region related style "issue. :-)

2016-03-11, 12:38:24
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The renders are amazing, especially considering the time you spent, but my suggestion would be to go easier on the post processing. Too much blurs in random places and color grading makes them look unnatural, artificial, overdone.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-03-11, 12:50:27
Reply #6

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The renders are amazing, especially considering the time you spent, but my suggestion would be to go easier on the post processing. Too much blurs in random places and color grading makes them look unnatural, artificial, overdone.

I need to rip out Gamma\LUT button out of photoshop for good.

BTW - there will be sth to compare today. I am rendering now 2nd version with render nodes and without denoising.

2016-03-11, 14:02:18
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think we should prepare ourselves for those upcoming over denoised images after 1.4 will be released. I'm affraid it can be named as "Corona look" not in a positive way :[

One more point being the forced Depth of field. I know some people like it, but personally I can't stand it if it is forced in such an unreal way. Is this a 2 meter sensor with a F0.1 lens? This doesnt work IMO for photo real images.

I disagree. Don't find DOF effect as overdone in those renders at all. IMHO 35mm lens at f8 aperture on ful frame camera would produce similar DOF. And those are pretty normal if not usual settings for such type of photography.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-03-11, 14:53:55
Reply #8

Nekrobul

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think we should prepare ourselves for those upcoming over denoised images after 1.4 will be released. I'm affraid it can be named as "Corona look" not in a positive way :[

I disagree. Don't find DOF effect as overdone in those renders at all. IMHO 35mm lens at f8 aperture on ful frame camera would produce similar DOF. And those are pretty normal if not usual settings for such type of photography.

Totaly agree here about denoising. But is a new feature and i think it requeres some more testing to be done to find the golden middle in the settings. Btw i found that blending by 50% does not give such creepely smooth results.

About DOF, yes the settings are overtuned 105 lens 2.8f. BUT i found this kind of DoF artistic and i like the way it blures background and i belive there is nothing bad in using nonphotorealistic aproach if it sutes the idea.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of something to compare. No denoising 1x 3930k+6 doubleprocesor X5660 15%noiselimit.

About the asfalt, it seems that not denoiser mesed it up, but me mesed up texture.

« Last Edit: 2016-03-11, 15:20:10 by Nekrobul »