Author Topic: Depth of Field  (Read 6689 times)

2015-04-06, 01:59:14

tiagoadloff

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I install corona for c4d 1.2, and I cant get any results of DoF, I figured out as always I did before, setting the focus distance on camera, with low f-stop value and nothing happen.

Some tip or trick?

2015-04-06, 09:19:48
Reply #1

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
make sure your models are small enough to be DOF'ed. i can still sense and feel depth in your particular render, but it is small, because of scale. i can see through your camera, the focus distance is 10 meters in front, so thats the reason there is no noticeable depth. rescale everything and try again

smaller objects -> bigger depth of field effect

2015-04-07, 03:42:51
Reply #2

tiagoadloff

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much, I gonna try it now! :)

2015-04-07, 09:37:42
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, there is no official documentation for C4D yet, but you may want to take a look at this:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000516203

DoF effect is too weak, everything is sharp even if I set very low f/stop values such as 0,1

This may be caused by using wrong scene scale. Incorrect units may be used. The dimensions of objects in the scene should correspond to the size of camera's sensor width. If you are, for example, using millimeters instead of meters (or vice versa), you need to either rescale the scene or set camera's sensor size to corresponding units (for example meters instead of millimeters).

So basically everything has to be scaled properly. Objects, sensor size, camera target distance.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us