Author Topic: IPR is getting really bad  (Read 2775 times)

2020-01-30, 19:04:06

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
IPR seems to be getting really bad, that in some scenes I cannot even use it anymore with Slate Material Editor cause it lags so bad working with materials.  It seems to keep getting worse and worse with newer versions, Vray on the other hand is snappy as can be.   It also seems like it doesn't respect excluding CPU cores for system, it seems more snappy at fist with excluding cores but then gets just as slow a few seconds in.

2020-01-30, 19:15:16
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sounds like this should go under bug reports - many people are reporting the opposite, that Interactive Rendering is now better than ever with the options, so this would mean the problems you are experiencing would be a bug rather than a general discussion. Of course, that means in order to have a look we'd need Corona version, Max or C4D version, OS, computer hardware specifications, video grabs of what you mean would be nice, information on whether this is all scenes or just some (or particular materials).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-01-30, 19:32:49
Reply #2

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Unless I'm missing something I kept reading people complaining about IPR performance.

Threadripper 1950x
64gb Ram
Samsung 850 pro
2080 ti

Windows 10
Corona 5 Retail - Released on Nov 5th 2019
3dsmax 2020

I work with large textures 4k and such.  Even when I stop IPR I sometimes have to wait like 30sec to unfreeze 3dsmax.

Can you please move this to bugs if that's where it should be, I thought this was a common issue that's why I din't put it there.

2020-01-30, 19:42:22
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Remember there is a dedicated thread for those IR slowdown issues:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26333.0

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-01-31, 10:34:52
Reply #4

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Please can you provide your scene so we can investigate?

Instructions on how to do this are in my signiture.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-01-31, 18:10:18
Reply #5

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm going to try to create a more simplified scene oh, I think I know what the issue is. Also I'm crunched for time right now, so give me a little bit.