Author Topic: Living room  (Read 4550 times)

2015-05-04, 15:33:26

Dmitriy Yemelianenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, didn't post anything related to archviz for a long time, so here is my latest render. It was a quick project(8 hours) made for freelance vacancy contest. I'm not comletely satisfied with the result, so I would like to hear some critique and advices, how to improve my work.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: 2015-05-04, 15:37:44 by Dmitriy Yemelianenko »

2015-05-04, 21:21:15
Reply #1

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I always admire your time efficiency, wow!

Some critique, hope it will help:

- the floor is too bumpy and too reflective in my opinion
- the outside backplate looks a bit surreal, maybe dont choose such a corner situation for it and it could be more over exposed
- the overall perspective:

It looks like u wanted to show everything with just one image. I think it would be more tense if you would show details of it, so there is a clear focus. I like it more, when the structure of the picture has some denser and some wider parts. U know what i mean?

2015-05-04, 22:13:41
Reply #2

Dmitriy Yemelianenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for nice words, your comments are really helpfull and I really apreciate your critique and suggestions. 

As for time efficiency, I always think that I waste a lot of time and work extremely slow. Maybe this is because my first ever employer, after one year of collaboration, switched to chinese firm, which provides final images in one day:) I don't have enough commercial experience, to tell the truth from that time I had just few projects and thats it, all projects in my portfolio are personal, so I always asking myself how much time should I spend and how much should it costs. Is there any "regular amount of time" for one render?

-And once again about the floor, same problem here, I always trying to lower reflection, but at some point it looks dull for my taste and you see the result. I will try to do it right next time(I know I already told this, but I have some progress:) ). And you are absolutely right about the bump.
-I see that it looks a little weird, but it was "the best one" from all my attempts, always struggle with backplate and postproduction.
-There was a referenced image for this project and I had to match the angle, but seems like I did it a little wider. One more time the same problem. Will try to pay more attention to this. I already read some articles about interior photography and watched several tutorials, but seems like not enough.

2015-05-04, 23:01:43
Reply #3

omeso100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice work
Please share how you generated the floor and the

2015-05-04, 23:36:39
Reply #4

Dmitriy Yemelianenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you:)
The floor is just cg-source texture with bump, no geometry here.

2015-05-05, 04:38:45
Reply #5

Sportler

• Active Users
  • Corona, yay!
    • View Profile
    • Carl Findahl
The scale of your floor texture seems off relative to the size of the planks. The outside seems too properly exposed compared to the inside. Some aliasing issues near the edges, but really solid modeling. The lighting is pretty standard, but works for this image. Composition could be more interesting and you show some nice shaders.

2015-05-05, 10:29:24
Reply #6

Dmitriy Yemelianenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Spotler

I will try to avoid composition issue and provide some interesting lightning next time.

2015-05-05, 10:39:08
Reply #7

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It looks like the red tint on the image kills atmosphere a little.

And the scale of the planks. But anyway image it self is good.

PS - Also you could add some artaficial light.
« Last Edit: 2015-05-05, 10:45:31 by Nekrobul »
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2015-05-05, 11:03:47
Reply #8

Dmitriy Yemelianenko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you for this important comment about the tint, I didn't noticed it from the first time, but now I see. Next time I will be more careful with postproduction. As for artaficial light - I will try.