Author Topic: HDRI  (Read 4239 times)

2014-11-22, 17:00:54

studio.grid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Studio GRiD
Hi,

I have HDRI in environment slot for lighting exterior scene. I would like to remove HDRI from image when rendering I want just black background...
how?

2014-11-22, 22:32:17
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Go to Render setup>Corona Settings>Enviroment>Enviroment overrides turn Direct visibility override on and put whatever map or colour you want.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-11-23, 18:04:15
Reply #2

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Go to Render setup>Corona Settings>Enviroment>Enviroment overrides turn Direct visibility override on and put whatever map or colour you want.

This is exactly what I wanted to know yesterday.
Can this be used as a backplate with Corona Sun?

More importantly, is it possible to render the window views in a scene... blank (chequered) so I can put in Photoshop?
If so, how do I do this?

Thanks

2014-11-23, 19:59:36
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
More importantly, is it possible to render the window views in a scene... blank (chequered) so I can put in Photoshop?

Put a checker map in enviroment override :]
If you want to replace enviroment in photoshop, make sure that your enviroment material has transparent (black) alpha channel Material>Advanced options>Alpha channel.

2014-11-24, 09:47:11
Reply #4

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Put a checker map in enviroment override :]
If you want to replace enviroment in photoshop, make sure that your enviroment material has transparent (black) alpha channel Material>Advanced options>Alpha channel.

Thanks... I have figured it out.

In your opinion what gives the best results in Corona.... Using HDRi maps or Corona Sun? Or combining the two?

2014-11-24, 10:43:06
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Both are enviromental light sources in Corona. Sun&Sky is procedural while HDRI map is capture of real life light information. Both has advantages as well as disatvantages agains each other.
  Sun&Sky pros - very flexible, easy to fit to required situation. Cons - it's very uniform, so can be quite boring, hasn't night mode.
  HDRI pros - very often contains much more interesting light, is irreplacable when there's a need to integrate CGI into photos. Cons - most HDRIs which contains unoccluded sun, is improperly captured and needs modifications to give better results, contains fixed light information, so isn't very flexible.

It is perfectly possible to combine procedural sun with HDRI map to complement each others drawbacks or to adjust artistic properties.

2014-11-24, 12:22:10
Reply #6

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Both are enviromental light sources in Corona. Sun&Sky is procedural while HDRI map is capture of real life light information. Both has advantages as well as disatvantages agains each other.
  Sun&Sky pros - very flexible, easy to fit to required situation. Cons - it's very uniform, so can be quite boring, hasn't night mode.
  HDRI pros - very often contains much more interesting light, is irreplacable when there's a need to integrate CGI into photos. Cons - most HDRIs which contains unoccluded sun, is improperly captured and needs modifications to give better results, contains fixed light information, so isn't very flexible.

It is perfectly possible to combine procedural sun with HDRI map to complement each others drawbacks or to adjust artistic properties.

Thanks Romullus. I know how to use the Sun&sky + HDR now in Corona. But how do I lesson the light effect of the Sun&Sky so the HDR is more dominate?

This is the technique I used in Vray.... like you said.... Sun&Sky alone is abit boring and I am not happy... though the clarity is perfect.... I need more colouration.

2014-11-24, 12:30:02
Reply #7

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Oh c'mon man, have you tried to select sun object and to look after its properties in modify tab? It's really very basic stuff.

2014-11-24, 12:52:11
Reply #8

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh c'mon man, have you tried to select sun object and to look after its properties in modify tab? It's really very basic stuff.

Sorry...I have to consciously remember the Modify Tab all the time.... coming from Vray for Sketchup and then onto Max... I have had to re-learn everything again.
In fact, I decided to learn Max because I wanted to use Corona. But, I still have to think about everything I do...like driving a car for the first time ;)