Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Bug Reporting

AI denoiser - permanent crash & other bugs in V6

<< < (2/2)

Designerman77:
Hey Jan,

the HDR is attached here.

Regarding the COR HI-q denoiser: I am of course aware, that it's not a surrogate for enough passes. :)
BUT: with the same amount of passes, the AI denoiser has not the same issue - at all.
Pics might still be a bit grainy - but equally grainy, everywhere... and not 3X more on round edges & other bump areas.

In many test I had already done one year ago, the Hi-q denoiser showed jaggy edges, even after very, very many passes.... like hundreds of passes.
And generally, who wants to render every time until 1 % noise? That's not the sense of having a denoiser function. :)

Fact is: the hi-q denoiser does not work properly... to say the least & with all due respect to the complicated work of programming such stuff.

Downloading V7 right now and going to give it a go.

Greetings!

Designerman77:
Hey Jan,

V7 works without the previously mentioned problems.
( Except for the less clean up on round edges-map & bump maps in general... the old problem. )

And as mentioned before, the same scene is way less noisy in V7 than in V5 - using the same render time.

Let´s hope no other bugs occur.
If it stays like this... great job, developer team !

Cheers!

mmarcotic:
Hello,

Good to hear that, I hope you'll like V7 (The daily before last even introduced some bigger speed optimizations, so that should also play in your cards)

Thanks,
Jan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version