Author Topic: Normal maps from substance painter don't appear at all on object.  (Read 3808 times)

2021-03-03, 21:16:41

Liakoz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I searched for the solution and saw several answers about changing gamma but nothing worked...

2021-03-03, 21:37:17
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Even if gamma is set-up wrong, you should still see normal map effect in your rendering. Probably the issue is somwhere else. Maybe normal map intensity is set too low (normally it should be set to 1.0 in material as well as in Corona normal map node), or maybe map isn't plugged to material (checkbox in material's maps rollout). It's hard to tell what's going on in your scene without seeing at least screenshot of material in question.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-03-04, 08:52:20
Reply #2

Liakoz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your answer!In one picture i show how i export maps from SP.In the second picture i apply the material,but when i put the normal map nothing happens at all.The color map works fine.I tried with arnold and scanline and normal map works fine.I also tried importing it with gamma override and selecting"add gamma input".What should i do?

2021-03-04, 10:13:51
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Make sure that you set-up normal map like in the attached screenshot and everything should work.

2021-03-04, 13:48:21
Reply #4

Liakoz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had tried these before and nothing worked,but i found a solution.I applied a "physical material" instead,with "corona normal",the normal map was applied but it looked faded...I then checked "add gamma to input" and everything is fine!.The corona mtl had the problem?I have no idea...

2021-03-04, 14:36:00
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
That's strange, which Corona version do you use?

2021-03-04, 15:22:16
Reply #6

Liakoz

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-03-05, 17:36:51
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can you try loading the same normal map, but saved in a different file format than TIF? There was some issue with TIF in the past, which should be already fixed in the newer versions of Corona (I am not sure if in V6 or only in V7 dailies).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us