Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Corona 2 RC2 - Environment Light issue on regular render vs IR

(1/2) > >>

rombo:
Hi Guys!
There seems to be an issue with the rendering of an interior scene with RC2, as it crops a part of the environment lighting on the top part of the image, in comparison with the IR version of the same image.

Initially I thought it may be a DR issue, but then I turned it off.
Then I tried the production render 1st with UHD cache and then full path tracing, as I thought it may be some lingering bug with the UHD, but apparently it doesn't make a difference with just path tracing, as it appears with both solutions...

I checked with both Coronacam & Physical, same thing.
Doesn't show up with the old light solver, just with the new one (the experimental).

Have a look, I'll make the scene available if you need to check it.
Thanks,

pokoy:
You should state in the topic title or more prominently that it's probably the new light solver. I'm seeing differences in reflections too, and it's quite obvious in non-glossy/blurry reflections, I suppose this is a similar case.

What if you disable reflections on the wall material? Will both versions look more alike then?

sprayer:
IR also is not using UHD and that gives a bit darker image in shadows

rombo:
Hi, thanks for getting back to me, yes, I ended up sorting myself with the default light solver and it rendered with pathtracing+uhd a very similar result. It was the 1st time I had seen the new light solver fail at getting a clean and physically accurate result.

I'll give it a shot without reflection on the wall to see what happens.

I'll keep an eye on further issues with the new light solver.

sevecek:
Could you please send us the scene? It seems like something that should be easily fixable once we are able to reproduce it.
You can use our private uploader (https://corona-renderer.com/upload).
Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version