Author Topic: Adjusting layered texture...  (Read 2597 times)

2019-06-11, 18:44:12

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Forum!

I have a question. I am trying to map some displacement gold text on a wooden gun handle. The first one I did I really liked the texture fit (spherical) of the wood. Then I put together a layered version with the gold text on top but I don't like the mapping (flat) of the wood. Is there a way to combine spherical (for the wood) and flat (for the raised gold text) somehow in the layered material? Many Thanks :-) John

2019-06-11, 19:04:02
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi johnnyswedish!

Try using the C4D projector shader... That lets you override the mapping. Tell us if you need more info!

2019-06-11, 21:00:09
Reply #2

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Houska,

Thanks for the prompt reply. How do I use the projection shader and were is it? 🤔👍 Thanks!

2019-06-11, 22:01:22
Reply #3

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Again,

I assume I insert it as a "effect-projector" between filter and diffuse (labeled in green). Should I do the same with texture, glossiness and bump (labeled in blue)? As soon as I start doing this C4D is crashing a lot as well. Is this a know bug? Thanks again 🙏😎 John.

2019-06-11, 22:14:07
Reply #4

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi again,

Got it to work but I am trying to pipe the other channels (texture, gloss and bump) and get constant crashes. I have supplied bug report as well. John 👍

2019-06-12, 09:25:22
Reply #5

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi again, John!

Sorry to hear it's crashing for you. We will check it out.

Actually, now that I am thinking of it - did you try simple C4D material stacking? That means putting multiple materials onto a single object? If you play with it a bit, you should be able to achieve the desired effect (a decal on the base texture) easily. And of course, each of the materials can have different mapping, because it has its own separate texture tag...