Author Topic: 3ds Max Locks Up in Material Editor / CoronaDistance Map  (Read 2058 times)

2017-09-28, 20:23:41

vicmds

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I haven't posted this as a bug report, because I have absolutely no idea what started triggering this. But has this happened to anyone else?

All of a sudden, when right-clicking any CoronaMtl in the Slate Material Editor that has a CoronaDistance map, Max locks up for good (in this specific scene). I'm using the map mostly for Refl. Glossiness, Diffuse and one or two cases in the Displacement slot.

Not really a total deal-breaker, as it works okay as long as I remove the CoronaDistance node before interacting with the material, but I have to be extremely cautious. I might be misusing it at some point, since it didn't happen before.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the scene at the moment.

Using Max 2018, Win 8.1 and Corona 1.6 hf3

2017-09-29, 15:55:53
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Can you share the scene? Or at least the minidump of locked 3dsmax?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-10-05, 23:18:47
Reply #2

vicmds

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm sorry about the delay, I didn't know the week would be chaotic. I'll try and get back to this scene as soon as I can.

2017-10-06, 00:27:03
Reply #3

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
did you try disabling the rendering the material editor? I've noticed depending on the complexity of the distance object, it can slow down and appear to hang