Author Topic: Corona camera object visibility  (Read 2924 times)

2018-01-07, 17:31:11

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
Hi,

i have a question about the object visibility for the corona cam, i need to do some light study for a new building so i want to disable the roof so i can see how the light can impact on the interior of the building...
i add the roof to the visibility exclude from the cam, but also the shadow from it it will be disable....there is a way to still have the shadow from the roof?
Fat biker bounce better

2018-01-07, 19:57:34
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Why not to use camera clipping? That way the roof will be invisible only to the camera, but will still contribute to the scene in any other way.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2018-01-07, 21:24:48
Reply #2

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Another way is to select the objects that should be invible and uncheck "visible to camera" in their object properties. It works with both standard cameras and Corona cameras.

2018-01-08, 09:24:53
Reply #3

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
Why not to use camera clipping? That way the roof will be invisible only to the camera, but will still contribute to the scene in any other way.
i cant use camera clipping because in my scene i have other building higher than my project...

yes, this is the way that i use for now...
Fat biker bounce better

2018-01-08, 10:21:51
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If the roof is a simple geometry (like a single block) using just one material, then another solution would be using the rayswtich material to store the original material in reflect, refract, and gi slots, and leaving the direct visibility slot empty.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-01-09, 18:26:16
Reply #5

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
If the roof is a simple geometry (like a single block) using just one material, then another solution would be using the rayswtich material to store the original material in reflect, refract, and gi slots, and leaving the direct visibility slot empty.

thank you Maru, this is a great solution!
Fat biker bounce better

2018-01-10, 11:12:05
Reply #6

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
and I _think _ using the "visible to camera" option in object properties does exactly the same thing :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us