Author Topic: DOF problem physical camera max 2016  (Read 3491 times)

2017-02-13, 12:27:34

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
Hi,
i have some problem when i want to set the dof with a max 2016 phisycal camera....
i mean that when i using phsy it override all the setting (iso shetter and also the simple EV exposure in the settings tab) so i couldnt change all this stuff in the render (interactive e normal one)...
i need to use the phsy becuase i want to see my dof in the max viewport, and it couldnt see from the standard camera because it doesnt have the fnumber...
in a few words the max phsy camera override all the great stuff of corona!
:)
Fat biker bounce better

2017-02-13, 12:54:00
Reply #1

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
i done some other test....in the interactive mode the phsy+camera mod is work changing the exposure, but when i do the normal render the camera mod and also the simple exposure in render tab doesnt work....
Fat biker bounce better

2017-02-13, 14:17:43
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Maybe this?

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,14757.msg94015.html#msg94015

And to understand the rest: CameraMod overrides Camera settings which override Render settings. So everything you wrote is expected - assuming you activated Physical camera exposure control.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-02-13, 15:34:02
Reply #3

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
thanks, finally is working...
i mean if i create a phys cam the exposure control is activated automatically (not when yiou render in perspective or normal camera), but the exposure is working only in the simple mode witch the EV.....the shutter speed still not working, this is not a big problem if you dont use motion blur, otherwise yes....
Fat biker bounce better

2017-02-13, 17:21:18
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
otherwise yes....

Maybe I don´t get it but I don´t see a problem here. It´s convenient in my eyes to use the shutter speed settings from the physical cam in this case and to control mblur completely independend from exposure or DOF affecting values (ISO + aperture).

I was not aware of the automatic activation of camera exposure control when creating a physical cam in max btw. :) I almost never create cams because I have one in our startup scene. Cloning a physical cam does not trigger it, but pressing "Physical" in the creation TAB alone is enough to do so, even without already having one created - what a nonsense (Max2016 here).

Good Luck

2017-02-13, 19:47:16
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I always create cameras from perspective view (CTRL+C) and it doesn't trigger automatic exposure control activation. I wasn't even aware about nonsense that Ma does when physical camera is created from create panel o_O
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-02-13, 21:15:12
Reply #6

AM_visualization

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • amvisualization
I always create cameras from perspective view (CTRL+C) and it doesn't trigger automatic exposure control activation. I wasn't even aware about nonsense that Ma does when physical camera is created from create panel o_O

yes this is my workflow, create camera from create panel.....

otherwise yes....

Maybe I don´t get it but I don´t see a problem here. It´s convenient in my eyes to use the shutter speed settings from the physical cam in this case and to control mblur completely independend from exposure or DOF affecting values (ISO + aperture).

I was not aware of the automatic activation of camera exposure control when creating a physical cam in max btw. :) I almost never create cams because I have one in our startup scene. Cloning a physical cam does not trigger it, but pressing "Physical" in the creation TAB alone is enough to do so, even without already having one created - what a nonsense (Max2016 here).

Good Luck

sorry but i didint undestand what do you mean....how i can control motion blur without shutter speed?
Fat biker bounce better

2017-02-13, 22:15:20
Reply #7

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
how i can control motion blur without shutter speed?

Hard to do :) What I tried to say is that there is no need (and no effect) to use the shutter controls of the Corona render setup "Camera" tab in your scenario, use those of the physical camera instead - it overrides render settings anyway.

Good Luck

2017-02-14, 11:35:05
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Just to clarify. Currently the priorities of the exposure controls are as follows:
1. Corona Camera Mod
2. Max Physical Cam
3. Render settings

Unfortunately depending on the currently used exposure controls, it may be impossible to tweak them in real time.

We are planning to improve this in the future, however it is extremely hard to find a solution here that would please everyone, especially taking into account how many exposure controls there are currently.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us