General Category > General CG Discussion

AI what are peoples thoughts ? I think we are in for big change.

<< < (2/6) > >>

lupaz:
I'm currently using AI for inspiration, and I see the potential for texture generation or background skies for example.
I can see it saving us a lot of the time we spend googling for the right images.
But I don't see it replacing viz artists in two years.
Although, I can see there being less work for freelancers if those who work in-house can have the same workload done in half the time.

Revit creating it's own AI renderings is going to happen. It's a matter of when.
I say in five years we'll start seeing semi-real time renderings in Revit with AI. Not perfect but close enough to not spend $1000s for a freelancer.

maru:
The text presents an interesting perspective on the impact of AI on the archviz industry. Two possible views on this topic are as follows:

View 1: AI will revolutionize the industry

Advocates of this view may argue that AI has the potential to transform the archviz industry, making it faster, cheaper, and more accessible. They may point to the examples cited in the text, such as Revit's early implementation of AI and Australian Viz studios producing renders with a mixture of 3D and AI, as evidence of the technology's impact. They may also suggest that AI can automate certain aspects of the 3D visualization process, reducing the need for human intervention and allowing for greater efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Moreover, they may see AI as a game-changer that could enable architects and designers to create better, more realistic designs that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to achieve with traditional 3D rendering techniques. Overall, advocates of this view may believe that AI will revolutionize the archviz industry and usher in a new era of creativity and innovation.

View 2: AI cannot replace the creativity and skill of human artists

Opponents of this view may argue that while AI can automate certain aspects of the 3D visualization process, it cannot replace the creativity and skill of human artists. They may suggest that AI lacks the ability to understand context, interpret complex design briefs, and make creative decisions based on intuition and experience. Moreover, they may point out that AI is only as good as the data it is trained on, and that it may struggle to produce truly unique or innovative designs without the input of human artists. In this view, AI is seen as a tool that can augment and enhance the skills of human artists, but not replace them entirely. Therefore, opponents of this view may argue that while AI may have a significant impact on the archviz industry, it cannot replace the creativity and skill of human artists, and that artists will continue to play a vital role in the design process.

In conclusion, the text presents a thought-provoking perspective on the impact of AI on the archviz industry. While some may see AI as a game-changer that will revolutionize the industry, others may argue that it cannot replace the creativity and skill of human artists. Ultimately, the extent to which AI will impact the industry remains to be seen, and it will likely depend on a variety of factors, including the development of the technology, the availability of data, and the preferences of clients and designers.

dj_buckley:

--- Quote from: maru on 2023-03-29, 18:22:57 ---The text presents an interesting perspective on the impact of AI on the archviz industry. Two possible views on this topic are as follows:

View 1: AI will revolutionize the industry

Advocates of this view may argue that AI has the potential to transform the archviz industry, making it faster, cheaper, and more accessible. They may point to the examples cited in the text, such as Revit's early implementation of AI and Australian Viz studios producing renders with a mixture of 3D and AI, as evidence of the technology's impact. They may also suggest that AI can automate certain aspects of the 3D visualization process, reducing the need for human intervention and allowing for greater efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Moreover, they may see AI as a game-changer that could enable architects and designers to create better, more realistic designs that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to achieve with traditional 3D rendering techniques. Overall, advocates of this view may believe that AI will revolutionize the archviz industry and usher in a new era of creativity and innovation.

View 2: AI cannot replace the creativity and skill of human artists

Opponents of this view may argue that while AI can automate certain aspects of the 3D visualization process, it cannot replace the creativity and skill of human artists. They may suggest that AI lacks the ability to understand context, interpret complex design briefs, and make creative decisions based on intuition and experience. Moreover, they may point out that AI is only as good as the data it is trained on, and that it may struggle to produce truly unique or innovative designs without the input of human artists. In this view, AI is seen as a tool that can augment and enhance the skills of human artists, but not replace them entirely. Therefore, opponents of this view may argue that while AI may have a significant impact on the archviz industry, it cannot replace the creativity and skill of human artists, and that artists will continue to play a vital role in the design process.

In conclusion, the text presents a thought-provoking perspective on the impact of AI on the archviz industry. While some may see AI as a game-changer that will revolutionize the industry, others may argue that it cannot replace the creativity and skill of human artists. Ultimately, the extent to which AI will impact the industry remains to be seen, and it will likely depend on a variety of factors, including the development of the technology, the availability of data, and the preferences of clients and designers.

--- End quote ---

This response has a ChatGPT feel to it ????

Juraj:
Maru forgot prompt to make it sound authentic :- )

JoeS:
Lol yeah very AI response !

Looking at the image prompt side of it I have seen some amazing portraits with MJ based off a basic photo. Also on the Ronen Bekerman facebook group was posted, what I think looks like a compelling introduction to this working from a white card image prompt. I have attached some images from the post and a portrait example. I think even if we where to use the AI as a starting point for a fast creative exploration before production, it really has some up sides. Plus I think this is really just the start.

Thoughts ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version