Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Feature Requests

Lightmeters and corona

(1/4) > >>

Jpjapers:
Is there any way of measuring lux levels in corona like you can with the lightmeter in MR?

Dionysios.TS:
Nice question, they asked me something similar here in studio but I don't want to go back to MR for this but probably I will... -.-

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Jpjapers:
I have a 50k square foot building and a lighting plan set up. I have the cad plan with all of the metered lux levels marked every 8-10m on the plan. Im using corona so we can experiment with light levels and temperatures virtually with lightmix. But to ensure accuracy i want to make sure that A. The lux levels match as ive read a little on here that suggests ies data isnt all that accurate. And B. So i dont have to play with lightmix then set up a separate photometric scene to measure the Lux.

Dionysios.TS:

--- Quote from: jpjapers on 2016-10-19, 19:49:12 ---I have a 50k square foot building and a lighting plan set up. I have the cad plan with all of the metered lux levels marked every 8-10m on the plan. Im using corona so we can experiment with light levels and temperatures virtually with lightmix. But to ensure accuracy i want to make sure that A. The lux levels match as ive read a little on here that suggests ies data isnt all that accurate. And B. So i dont have to play with lightmix then set up a separate photometric scene to measure the Lux.

--- End quote ---

The only issue you may have is the IES problem I mentioned in a previous post. And is very important if you want to have an accurate simulation.

Jpjapers:
Did you figure out a workaround? Or any consistent maths behind the problem to get it to how it should be?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version