General Category > Corona Standalone

New standalone build, new XML format

(1/4) > >>

Ondra:
We have updated the standalone format to use more powerful XML scene description. The new documentation is here: https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/standalone

Here is the build: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kgzu0cqy903ygmb/AAC0ENWTln7wrygel7qmHrF7a/!Standalone/2016-01-12%20new%20format%20%28exported%20from%201.4%20daily%29?dl=0 Link outdated

Any scene from 3ds Max can be exported by new daily builds to be used with this format, and the results look very similar. The export uses .cgeo (a.k.a. Corona proxy format), resulting in small export sizes. Most of 3ds Max shaders/maps are supported. The export gathers and relinks all bitmaps to single folder (similar to the "archive" function).

Joel is working on updating the blender exporter to use this new improved format.

Some limitations:

* some maps are not exported - for example cellular bump, speckle, ...
* 3dsmax native atmospheric effects and native lights are not exported
* Noise map has different seed in standalone than in 3ds Max
Attached is an example. Notice that standalone is 30% faster

elnino:
As a blender user following corona progress for the last two years, i'm happy to read this!
I've used blender+corona a lot before the exporter development stopped so now i'm looking forward to the next exporter.
Thanks Ondra, thanks Joel ;)

Juraj:

--- Quote --- Notice that standalone is 30% faster
--- End quote ---

Damn : / What is the main showstopper on 3dsMax's side ?

Ondra:

--- Quote from: Juraj_Talcik on 2016-02-04, 20:34:35 ---
--- Quote --- Notice that standalone is 30% faster
--- End quote ---

Damn : / What is the main showstopper on 3dsMax's side ?

--- End quote ---
3ds Max

burnin:
You can make a scene in Max and run the final render on standalone ;)

Everything renders faster, uses less memory... without GUI or an App altogether, just pure simulation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version