Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

Crash at 'Cleaning up' rendering stage

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tom:
Hi,

Thanks a lot for the advice @hurrycat.
I will try to switch to another tab when rendering, and I activated the Autosave function just in case.

And for the RAM issue I quite don't understand how I could possibly run low in RAM as my PC is 128GB of RAM and the Physical RAM used while rendering is only 33 GB.

Tom:
Hi all,

So I activated the Autosave function in the System settings, and I rendered a frame for about 1 hour or so.
Then I stopped the rendering by clicking on 'Stop', and 3ds Max crashed.
So I went to the Autosave folder: there are only 2 files inside whereas I told Corona to autosave every 15 minutes, and they're both 0KB.

Does someone know why there's no usable autosave file in the Autosave folder?

Tom:
Hi everyone,

I've been busy working on this scene, and I tried to render a frame yesterday: it failed again. Same reason: 3ds Max crashes at the end of the render during the 'cleaning up' stage.
I've optimized the scene as far as I could: there's still a lot of lights though, around 170. Most of them are Corona lights, instanced everywhere possible. Lightmix is made of 37 layers.

I doubt it is a memory issue as there is still around 30GB of free RAM when rendering.

Do you guys can think of what might cause the issue and know a solution for it?

(edit) Also: the Autosave feature of Corona doesn't work.
I've set it up to automatically save the currently rendered frame every 15mn (for test purpose) but only 2 files are saved during the whole render which lasts for 3hours+ and they're both 0 KB size on disk, so they're not usuable.

Happy to have your thoughts on that other issue as well (and to create another thread for it if it needs to be posted elsewhere).

Frood:
Do you have any minidump from the crash? 'Cleaning up' stage also means: saving out the render result + passes. To me it looks like some kind of file size (not ram size) issue. How large do the CRXs get? I would disable autosave in any case (it takes ages to write such large files) and try to render 3k instead of 6 (you can use 1 pass render stop condition for testing) to see if it's any difference.

Good Luck

Tom:
Thank you @Frood.

I don't know how to read the 3ds Max minidump: when I open it with notepad it's unreadable, it looks encrypted.

So I had a look at Max.log.
Here are the last lines:

"...
2022/06/28 16:39:17 INF: [36220] [36572] CORONA : Denoising [41/42]
2022/06/28 16:39:24 INF: [36220] [36572] CORONA : Denoising [42/42]
2022/06/28 16:39:31 INF: [36220] [36572] CORONA : Cleaning up"

Please note I am trying to render a 3440 pixels wide frame (not 6k).

So far I managed to render the scene in 1024 pixels wide only. The CXR is 960MB. So I guess the 3k frame would be around 9GB.

PS: I tried to render as .TIF instead of .CXR, it fails as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version