Author Topic: Crash with Edge Trimming - C4D 2024.1.0 and Corona 10 (HF2)  (Read 2197 times)

2024-01-10, 14:37:25
Reply #15

d4l1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Preparing a test scene is always a great way of troubleshooting.

Got to the point where I would say, the grass assets created with Forester will crash while using Edge Trimming. Once converted, it renders without any problem. Looks like that thread was opened a little bit too fast and I'm off to the other support site now. :)

Thanks anyway!

Hi! Sorry for coming up with an older topic, but I've switched to C4D 2024.2 and Corona 11 for a new project and after adding my grass cloner I've noticed that the Edge Trimming isn't working. It doesn't crash, yes. But the edges aren't clean as it used to be. Again, converting the Forester Asset to a polygon solves the problem. When I saw the fix in the latest release notes I only checked if the rendering crashes but never if the Edge Trimming is doing its job. I've quoted my post because there I have my test scene which still is valid for the actual problem.

2024-01-16, 11:49:56
Reply #16

d4l1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi! Just wondering if there are any news regarding this issue? Or should I contact support via the support homepage?
We now already tried to re-install C4D + Corona 11 on a PC, but somehow the Trimming doesn't apply anymore.

2024-01-16, 12:18:27
Reply #17

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi, sorry for the delay. Can you share an example image and also a wire frame? It might be because of the pivot placement. In the meantime, more on that can be found here under the ''How does it work'' section.
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/5244883674897-How-to-use-Chaos-Scatter-with-Corona-for-Cinema-4D-Advanced-Features#h_01GG6J1CWE8HJ5S0N5XV647AF9
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-01-16, 13:31:33
Reply #18

d4l1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No problem. Was just wondering if reaching out via the forum is the right way anyway. I really like it that way, at least :).

I've four screenshots attached. First two are with 2024, last two are with 2023. Same scene, nothing changed.
What I've noticed: 2024 doesn't use Edge Trimming properly and even the 'Full' mesh display doesn't work either. In the 2023 scene the wireframe shows some assets - but nothing in 2024.

« Last Edit: 2024-01-16, 14:01:29 by d4l1 »

2024-01-16, 14:02:40
Reply #19

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hmm, I see. Are you able to share this scene with us via a support ticket?
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2024-01-16, 14:08:07
Reply #20

d4l1

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Preparing a test scene is always a great way of troubleshooting.

Got to the point where I would say, the grass assets created with Forester will crash while using Edge Trimming. Once converted, it renders without any problem. Looks like that thread was opened a little bit too fast and I'm off to the other support site now. :)

Thanks anyway!

Same thing happens in this scene. But I can share the new one. Just to be sure: The original problem / crash happened because of the Forester assets and Corona. Now, the crash is gone but it doesn't use Edge Trimming only with the Forester assets. Therefor the test scene needs that plugin. :) I'll start a ticket + mention this thread.

Thank you!