Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Caustics Multiplier

(1/2) > >>

CharlyRT:
Hello guys, do u have any plans to include a caustic multiplier?
I know we can multiply the channel in Post but it would be pretty useful to use it directly from the VFB.
Thanks for all your hardwork.

Avi:
Hi,

Can you please elaborate on how exactly you aim to use this multiplier for caustic from VFB? Is this something you only want to apply in post effects or in a pre-calculation stage of caustics? Something like Light mix? Have you tried Caustics solver settings? These are only visible when you have "Enable devel/debug mode" on in the Corona system settings.

CharlyRT:
thanks for answering Avi:

sometimes caustics are very subtle due to pool height, lighting conditions, or material setup, etc, the solution for this is to render the channel and duplicate it on Post, i made a mistake saying to use it directly from VFB, what i meant was to have a multiplier value for this porpuse, for ecxample, Vray has it in order to multiply it when u cannot see it and have it in render without a render channel in post.

Avi:
Hi,

Thanks for the explanation. I understand what you need.

Have you tried increasing the "Max Photon/Iteration" in the Caustic solver settings and see if it helps?

maru:
Are you interested in a multiplier for caustics intensity (making caustics brighter or fainter) or in a multiplier for the number of photons (making caustics appear with better quality faster)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version