Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] General Discussion

small 3D Max file takes long to open/save

(1/3) > >>

Hubl:
Hey we have a project that uses many corona proxys such as vegetation and people. The building itself is not special stuff just box modelling. The file Size is saved compressed and its about 35MB.
We saved the Chaos Cosmos libary on our NAS and the scene files also.
When saving or even just opening max freezes for a long time...sometimes up to 10 minutes.

Now we are searching for the reason.
We're using Max 2022 and Corona 9

Do we have to invest in a new Synology NAS or would it gain speed when saving and working with local files?
Any suggestions?

System Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz (not overclocked)
Mainboard ASRock X570 Taichi Razer Edition
DDR4 128 GB RAM  3200 MHz
SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1TB
2x HDD Western Digital 2 TB
GPU NVIDIA RTX 3060

WIN 10 Pro x64
3D Max 2022.3 6 Security Fix
24,0 - 24.3.6.3521

Thanks in advance!

Alex

pokoy:
Compression will take longer since it has to compress/decompress, depending on the file content it might take a while.
How does the file behave when compression is disabled?

clemens_at:
How long does it take to load/save locally?

Hubl:
I disabled compression but it takes 10 minutes or so to open the file. i try to collect all assets with asset collecter and move it on a local harddrive maybe that could fix the problem ... if not i am happy for any suggestions you guys have to offer :-)

Hubl:
I've stopped the time before collect the assets and send them to hard drive and after that.

It tooks 8:30 Minutes to open the file with assest from the NAS System and 7:00 when oppend frome the HDD with all assets also collected and stored on the HDD.
so the difference is 1:30 minute.

The collected Assets Proxys / Bitmaps are 6.2GB big. Is there a way to improve the opening time?
Do i need to buy faster Hardware?
Or is there something I can do about that slow opening porcess? I mean there are scenes way bigger than this and people can handle them much better ... I guess ...

/edit:
System Specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor 3.40 GHz (not overclocked)
Mainboard ASRock X570 Taichi Razer Edition
DDR4 128 GB RAM  3200 MHz
GPU NVIDIA RTX 3060

WIN 10 Pro x64

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version